• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players don't respect Taggart?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Kind of lost me after the comment about not getting Dunkley the ball enough. It is not like the ball wasn't thrown in his direction enough. How many times can you call plays to a guy that runs the wrong route almost 50% of the time and drops about half of the ones thrown his way. football at this level is about consistency not making the spectacular play once in a while.

There is a reason guys become favorites of coaches. It is called doing what is asked and limiting mistakes. And that goes for practice more than in the games.

I can't say for sure because I am not around practice, but if Mike Pierre, in the early going, because of his experience was picking up the blitz better than Tice or Davis wouldn't he be the guy you want in there?

If a coach, especially a new one, asks you to do something and you don't like it and give a half ass effort would you expect the coach to just say "ok as long as you are the best athlete you start"

Coach is trying to build a new culture and system. If they don't like it, too bad.Some of the stuff in that post sounded like the moms for our 8th grade youth football team. "My kid should get more playing time because he comes to practice every night" well yeah, but he goofs around, can't tackle, runs the wrong play and doesn't hustle during drills. Of course he won't be a favorite of the coach.

Considering this supposedly wasn't coming from the players themselves and don't see the coaches dissin' their boss like that, you may have hit upon the source ...

Triple B, I obviously am not going to indicate one way or the other re: the source of my conversations, but let me say that they were not related to the aforementioned player that was named at the beginning of this thread.  In fact, I believe that you all should remove the player's name used in that post; as it was not a direct quote from that player and should be considered as being inaccurate.  Regardless, I just don't think it's good policy here on your site to allow people to give credit for conversations that other players may have had.

Lastly, during my conversations, they typically did not center on specific player/s being treated unfairly, but was more about the overall atmosphere of the team and how practice was run that did not always reflect game day decisions, and how the Bulls' play-calling process was flawed and causing penalties. Much of the discussions were about a variety of players that should be utilized more or differently such that it would produce better results.  So, yeah, I can quickly spot complaints coming from those who are personally associated or related with certain players, but based on subject of this thread and from what I've gleaned from my unrelated conversations, there are some very similar themes coming across.  That's the point here for consideration.  Personally, I like Willie T, and I hope that he's very successful here; as USF cannot afford a rotating door of head coaches.  However, that doesn't mean we should dismiss any indicators that things are flawed or say that the situation can not be improved.

Again, please consider removal of the name of the player named at the start of this thread.

Personally, I agree with you about the name being used but unless the one who wrote it requests the deletion it's not something I'm comfortable doing. That kind of censorship would be Brad's call

Glad that you agree about the player being named. I understand your dilemma; however, if there was a policy against quoting players here (needed IMO), then removal would not be seen as censorship in the same way we understand the blocking of differing opinions.  Thanks.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

No player has been quoted.  This is second hand hearsay.  Not saying it's untrue, but no player came out and made these statements

No player has been quoted.  This is second hand hearsay.  Not saying it's untrue, but no player came out and made these statements

Ok, and second hand hearsay is even worse, and furthers my point here.  The main point is that I don't believe that this site should allow participants here to post "so-called" quotes from players and associating by name those players.  Anyone not seeing the faulty reasoning about allowing this to happen is probaby not considering the possibilities and egregious use of that latitude if given here.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

Just to chime in since I made the original post, I really don't care if you remove the kids name. I guess if someone tweeted it and then it got retweeted or whatever and then posted here it would be okay? Maybe these players should be more careful which friends they express their frustrations to... I know I'm not the only one being engaged in conversation in public places about USF football from people who have friends on the team. Is what gets posted on a messageboard really going to damage a players standing on the team more than a lack of respect for the coaching staff would if that is in fact the case? Okay, sure, put that blame on me if you want. As far as the point of the thread, I agree with the fact that if there are disgruntled players who don't want to play for the coaches, let them pack their bags.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Ok, and second hand hearsay is even worse, and furthers my point here.  The main point is that I don't believe that this site should allow participants here to post "so-called" quotes from players and associating by name those players.  Anyone not seeing the faulty reasoning about allowing this to happen is probaby not considering the possibilities and egregious use of that latitude if given here.

your entire first post in this thread was hearsay. some people at a party who may or may not be associated with the program told you this and that.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Wow I read this whole thing and it all means probably absolutely nothing...now I'm disgruntled.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Welp, it's the offseason

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

They don't respect him because they disagree with him?

That is essentially what has been explained.

Novel. The players think they know more than Willie Taggart about how to coach a team or win games? Not that Taggart is a genius or imperfect coach but its really laughable the players think they know more than the coach who has seen how the offense really works with Harborough and then took a losing program to back to bowls in only year two and three before coming here.

Maybe if they would get behind coach instead of questioning him they would win. Maybe the "favorites" are the guys who are all in, Taggart knows it, and maybe that's why their playing. Maybe he doesn't want to play kids who don't have the heart for it because they likely give less effort. And sometimes the team that wins isn't te more talented team but the team that could dig deeper and find their why.

Despite what I have seen and what problems with the coaching there may be, I trust Taggart's methods way before I believe some immature players advice about the program who don't respect Taggart simply because they disagree with him. Yes, Taggart probably does things different then many of the kids are used to, and for many change is hard so they still believe the old way is the right way when it's really not.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

In Taggart I trust!

I hope Taggart can make the style of offense his own. Add his own wrinkles and work out his own nuances for the type of players we have and out opponents without straying too far from the foundation. I hope he comes up with a new ways to get the play calls in faster and the team finds their rhythm. This team lacks rhythm.

your entire first post in this thread was hearsay. some people at a party who may or may not be associated with the program told you this and that.

Apparently you missed the point that this was not just one social event or occasion I was at when I engaged in conversation that lead to basically the same topic and the same consistent themes.  I would not have mentioned that here if what I heard had been just one source.  However, there were three different occasions where I heard basically the same thing and from three different sources. Lastly, in sharing those conversations, I did not mention any player's names.  That's the main issue I had with the beginning of this thread.  Why was it necessary to post a player's name and when the story did not come directly from said player?  There's a big difference between the two. Hopefully you recognize that?