• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug's car vandalized

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It is truly sad. Every other fan base in the country can act mature during success. These folks are acting like kids. Pro tip for you, Bounce House U: act like youve been there
This happens often between, gasp, rival fan bases. Put a UF sticker on your car and leave it at your own risk in Tallahassee. Same goes for FSU stickers in Gainesville. Sucks but hardly just a UCF thing, IF they even did it. Could be a CJL supporter too.
The bold text is overall far, FAR from the truth ... Having lived in one city and having family in the other and spending time there, this is not even remotely comparable in recent years.
Next you are going to deny that a Bama fan killed trees at an Auburn iconic meeting place. I didn't give rates of occurrence. It it does happen I have relatives it's happened to. This kind of stuff happens with different fan bases that are rivals. I gave an example I have personal knowledge about but it happens to some extent to many rivals. Next you are going to tell me it never happens at WVU Pitt, which I know it does from friends telling me of what happened to them.

No.  You made a blanket statement that danger is imminent for opposing fans in Tallahassee and Gainesville.  You should stand by it if you post it, or admit you were wrong.  Whatever you do, it doesn't matter to me, but I'm never going to say it NEVER happens, and I certainly didn't above.  

We have multiple posts spread out over numerous threads on TBP from Bulls fans saying they were warned not to park in or near the UCF campus because of the pervasive problem with vandals. Hell, you even had some UCF fans warning USF people about it.  

It's just not that big of an issue in Tallahassee and Gainesville, but I'm sorry if it paints the Knights in a bad light here.  Oh, and congrats to your Knights on the win on Friday, I'm sure some celebratory corks were popped in your household.  

If I'm a Nole and moving to Gainesville, common sense tells me not to promote anything on my car exclaiming I'm an opposing fan. Slick has an obvious point here since there are aholes everywhere. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It is truly sad. Every other fan base in the country can act mature during success. These folks are acting like kids. Pro tip for you, Bounce House U: act like youve been there
This happens often between, gasp, rival fan bases. Put a UF sticker on your car and leave it at your own risk in Tallahassee. Same goes for FSU stickers in Gainesville. Sucks but hardly just a UCF thing, IF they even did it. Could be a CJL supporter too.
The bold text is overall far, FAR from the truth ... Having lived in one city and having family in the other and spending time there, this is not even remotely comparable in recent years.
Next you are going to deny that a Bama fan killed trees at an Auburn iconic meeting place. I didn't give rates of occurrence. It it does happen I have relatives it's happened to. This kind of stuff happens with different fan bases that are rivals. I gave an example I have personal knowledge about but it happens to some extent to many rivals. Next you are going to tell me it never happens at WVU Pitt, which I know it does from friends telling me of what happened to them.

No.  You made a blanket statement that danger is imminent for opposing fans in Tallahassee and Gainesville.  You should stand by it if you post it, or admit you were wrong.  Whatever you do, it doesn't matter to me, but I'm never going to say it NEVER happens, and I certainly didn't above.  

We have multiple posts spread out over numerous threads on TBP from Bulls fans saying they were warned not to park in or near the UCF campus because of the pervasive problem with vandals. Hell, you even had some UCF fans warning USF people about it.  

It's just not that big of an issue in Tallahassee and Gainesville, but I'm sorry if it paints the Knights in a bad light here.  Oh, and congrats to your Knights on the win on Friday, I'm sure some celebratory corks were popped in your household.  

If I'm a Nole and moving to Gainesville, common sense tells me not to promote anything on my car exclaiming I'm an opposing fan. Slick has an obvious point here since there are aholes everywhere. 

Seriously?  Nole and Gator fans tailgate for DAYS, and they are only a couple of hours apart.  They are obnoxious, but they seriously do not expect to have their cars trashed and slashed in the other schools territory.  They are far more mature.

Oh, and both schools have twice the number of fans attending their games and driving around the other city.  It isn't remotely comparable.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

A set of tires is $500, plus a couple of hundred for towing.  Keying someone's car can be several hundred dollars.  Anyone doing that to another person just because they are rooting for their school has serious mental issues.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Slick, I don't know who you've talked to about FSU/UF/UM games, but I can post from my own personal experiences. I've been to several games in Miami and Gainesville wearing FSU colors. Not once did I ever fear that my car would be vandalized, and not once was I ever threatened.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Am I missing something here? I still don't get how the tire slashers knew it was DW's car. If we assume it was UCF fans--a fairly safe assumption--did they just happen to know what he looked like and saw him parking? Maybe there's a simple answer too, like he has a "USF AD" vanity license plate, or there was a reserved spot sign UCF Athletics put up for him. But no one has really given specifics on this.

My point is, what was the motive? It's a crime; there has to be motive, right? If I recall correctly, he parked near UCF Athletics facilities. Unless Doug's car is plastered with Bulls stickers (I have a hard time envisioning this), someone would have had to see his parking tag in the window on a dark night to realize it wasn't a UCF persons car...unless...it was a UCF Athletics person with inside knowledge. I don't buy the random act of vandalism line.

My money's on Stansbury. ;)

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

it was the butler in the pantry with the candle holder

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

it was the butler in the pantry with the candle holder

The one armed man?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Am I missing something here? I still don't get how the tire slashers knew it was DW's car. If we assume it was UCF fans--a fairly safe assumption--did they just happen to know what he looked like and saw him parking? Maybe there's a simple answer too, like he has a "USF AD" vanity license plate, or there was a reserved spot sign UCF Athletics put up for him. But no one has really given specifics on this.

My point is, what was the motive? It's a crime; there has to be motive, right? If I recall correctly, he parked near UCF Athletics facilities. Unless Doug's car is plastered with Bulls stickers (I have a hard time envisioning this), someone would have had to see his parking tag in the window on a dark night to realize it wasn't a UCF persons car...unless...it was a UCF Athletics person with inside knowledge. I don't buy the random act of vandalism line.

My money's on Stansbury. ;)

He's a USF employee and likely had his parking sticker in the front window.  USF is USF, probably all it took.

Think about this though-  The car was parked in front of the stadium right?  So another reason to avoid these games in that place is someone (or more likely multiple people) are carrying knives or other objects sharp enough to slash tires on them.  You ever try to slash a tire?  Car keys and utensils arent getting that done.  You need a sharp steel implement to get that done.  Good to know drunk fans are ready to go with that if provoked.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

UCF is paying for the repairs so I guess they're owning responsibility.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So is the upshot that if I have a bulls license plate I should stay away from opposing fteam's campuses?