• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting 26 points Friday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Why is everyone acting like UCF is Alabama...We can definitely beat this team.  They barely squeeked by two crappy AAC teams like us (Temple, Memphis).

Third time's a charm!!!

How much of your hard earned money would you be willing to bet straight up, no spread, that USF will win this game?  I'll be willing to put up an equal amount on UCF against yours.

Oh big deal.   I know the post wasn't directed at me, who wouldn't ever bet on college games because so much can turn on emotions, but if you are so sure of yourself, you should give at least the 26 points.  The fact is we can beat UCF.  That's not saying we will.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,656
  • Days Won:  424

Ucf does not clinch a bcs spot when they beat us. They would still need either cincy to lose next thursday to louisville or a win vs smu next weekend.

A loss to either us or smu will knock them below cincy unless they lose to louisville

I honestly though there was no chance that Cincy could catch them but if this site is correct, http://www.bcsguru.com/bcs_standings.htm , there is still a slim chance that a loss to SMU combined with a UC win over Louisville could push the Bearcats above them. SMU would probably have to lose to Houston to make that a real possibility.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Why is everyone acting like UCF is Alabama...We can definitely beat this team.  They barely squeeked by two crappy AAC teams like us (Temple, Memphis).

Third time's a charm!!!

How much of your hard earned money would you be willing to bet straight up, no spread, that USF will win this game?  I'll be willing to put up an equal amount on UCF against yours.

Oh big deal.   I know the post wasn't directed at me, who wouldn't ever bet on college games because so much can turn on emotions, but if you are so sure of yourself, you should give at least the 26 points.  The fact is we can beat UCF.  That's not saying we will.

Go Bulls!

Already going back on my self imposed ban but since it was directed at me......   In an earlier post I said that 26 was too big a number to place a bet.  Then someone said that we can win this game.  I simply asked how much of their money would they be willing to bet on that.  If you think you can win there should be some $ amount that you are comfortable betting.  Could be $1,000 or it could be $5 or a beer or something.  I just like to point out that it is easy to say we can win.  It is another to really believe, to where you are willing to bet money, that we can win.  That was it.  I'm not a huge gambler and have only bet twice this year.  Miami and SMU games. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Third time's a charm!!!

The Temple and Memphis offense at least have a pulse.

Our offense has flat lined and ready for a toe tag.

Soooo right and that is why we have little chance to win this game.  If the offense even had a pulse we would have at least a remote chance of winning but no way with the way they are playing.

Third time's a charm!!!

Go Bulls!

Already going back on my self imposed ban but since it was directed at me......   In an earlier post I said that 26 was too big a number to place a bet.  Then someone said that we can win this game.  I simply asked how much of their money would they be willing to bet on that.  If you think you can win there should be some $ amount that you are comfortable betting.  Could be $1,000 or it could be $5 or a beer or something.  I just like to point out that it is easy to say we can win.  It is another to really believe, to where you are willing to bet money, that we can win.  That was it.  I'm not a huge gambler and have only bet twice this year.  Miami and SMU games. 

I would bet a beer on anything !  :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I made 2 bets on my Bulls. One with +27 and the other on the $ line. I didn't like the $ line odds I got but I couldn't find anywhere offering the numbers I saw posted places. So cover and I split but when the Bulls win outright and go to 5-0 I win big. And yes I will post I was wrong if UCF covers that number. We have more pride and passion than that. I will be there cheering loud and proud.

Easiest cover of the year. Yes we lost and that's all that matters. And yes I broke even for us not winning outright but all you in these threads who said we would get destroyed. ..well you were way wrong. Rivalry games are not normal and to think we wouldn't show up was very short sighted.

• Upvote 1

Props to Shadow Bull - he called it much better then anyone else.  Plus the few that said we had a chance to win this game !  Good for you guys for not giving up the faith.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Props to Shadow Bull - he called it much better then anyone else.  Plus the few that said we had a chance to win this game !  Good for you guys for not giving up the faith.

Thanks, but I could kind of see it coming.  UCF thinks they are better than they really are and USF had to be pumped for this one.  A few less penalties and we win.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

Just like I said, turnovers can be the great equalizer. The secondary blew what was a great effort by the defense and what should have been a win. I knew this was nowhere near a 26 point spread. The sad thing is we had the chance to keep our foot on the throat and keep the winless monkey on their back. Just imagine what the pressure would be like for them as the series progresses trying to still get that first win. I had originally thought it would take a couple more years to be competing with them, but after last night I think the game next year is ours.