• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football & basketball tickets and empty seats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I've always been too far away to attend games, so I don't know.

When I go to look for individual game tickets, the good seats are normally not available. (Thank goodness for private ticket resells.)

But I know when watching the broadcasts, those seats are usually empty.

It is the case that USF package those seats for the season ticket purchases only?

Or

Is it because the people who have season tickets and the right to those seats just don't show?

And when the official attendance numbers are recorded per game, how are the unavailable empty seats counted?

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Tickets sold is typically the announced number, no matter how many people are in seats. Thus, why announced numbers are usually higher that what was actually there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Most of the empty seats you see in the lower bowl of basketball on the club side are no-shows.  There aren't many season tickets available over there.  But they are reserved for season ticket holders since you have to a $2K/year donor to buy them. 

Season tickets sold for football are in the low 20K range and there are 12K set aside for students.  The lower bowl of Ray Jay holds about 41K if I remember correctly.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I wish I had the answer for you but no one at usf has returned my call since Tuesday when I asked this question.

Angelo and mike would have taken care of me by now.

Looking to get some Bball seats near my season tickets in 108. I find it hard to believe they are all sold because I haven't seen more than 25% of those seats filled at any of the games this yr.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

USF started doing something I was advocating years ago that fill in some of the gaps. (I'm not taking credit for getting it done, just saying that I thought it was a good idea about 4 or 5 years ago).

We had gaps in between the 10's on the East side, which was on the camera side. We used to fill groups into there, which is fine, no harm. We didn't want to sell a ticket in section 134 for $45 (face value for a season ticket holder) on ticketmaster, because that season ticket holder had to donate $1k for the right to buy it. It just wouldn't be fair.

USF has started to sell those seats at an inflated price ($90 a ticket per game), this way the season ticket holder still gets the better deal (and club access). Gaps get filled in better and it brings in extra $$'s for USF.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't understand why you'd drop a 1k donation plus season tickets to the club sections, and then not show up to any of the games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

I don't understand why you'd drop a 1k donation plus season tickets to the club sections, and then not show up to any of the games.

Because of my fond affection for USF. I've done it for the last 10 years. There is life outside of Tampa.

Go Bulls!

Then either give your tickets to people who will show up, or don't renew and let someone else purchase those seats who would like to sit there.

If you have so much to do "outside of Tampa" and haven't been showing up for 10 years, you obviously don't need them.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Because of my fond affection for USF. I've done it for the last 10 years. There is life outside of Tampa.

Go Bulls!

Then either give your tickets to people who will show up, or don't renew and let someone else purchase those seats who would like to sit there.

If you have so much to do "outside of Tampa" and haven't been showing up for 10 years, you obviously don't need them.

It is an easy way to donate and when you are in town you get prime seats.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Not so easy to give tickets away. I've been trying to give my 4 away all week with no takers. Yes including posting on the ticket board here.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Boys and Girls club

Marine Corps League

MacDill AFB

4th AAV BN HQ (Gandy Blvd.)

Any of those locations would be happy to accept your tickets and give them to some junior enlisted or deserving young man or lady

• Upvote 1