• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thursday night curse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

They typically don't make "great" teams play on Thursday nights, or Halloween, so it will take care of itself.

tell that to (2) oregon v (5) stanford or (10)Ou v (6) baylor

who play next thursday night

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The difference between Oregon, Stanford, OU, and Baylor playing this coming Thursday demonstrates the inability of the AAC commissioner and the lackies under his control to learn how to schedule a Thursday night game appropriately. Of the those four teams playing this Thursday, how many had bye this past Saturday? The answer - all four of them. For our game this past Thursday, Houston had to fly back from New Jersey last Saturday after a game vs Rutgers whereas USF had a short week as well and was coming off a bad loss at home to Louisville. Now, we go 17 days without a game being played. That's all good for grooming Mike White, but the bye week should always be utilized the week before a nationally televised mid-week game on ESPN - No exceptions! How hard is this to figure out. It allows both teams adequate time to prepare and also gives an extra two days preparation for the game facing them a week later. I scratch my head with the schedule makers decision making at times.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

They typically don't make "great" teams play on Thursday nights, or Halloween, so it will take care of itself.

Now list all the other Thursday night games over the last 5-7 years. We'll see if "typically" holds up.

Or you can list ranked teams and for every one you list I'll give you ten Rice v. N. Texas or LA-Monroe v. Troy type games.

Edited by JTrue

Now list all the other Thursday night games over the last 5-7 years. We'll see if "typically" holds up.

how about this year

south carolina

usc x 2

texas tech

tcu

arizona state

clemson

nc state

virginia tech

georgia tech

texas

ucla

louisville

miami

UNC

the mighty usc trojans have played 3 times on a thursday/friday this year. this list is through week 8 and includes at least 4 top 10 teams at the time. I didn't evenbother listing all the BCS teams that have played on thursdays this year. just a sampling. there are 4 top 10 teams playing next thursday alone.

Edited by Bull94

how about this year

south carolina

usc x 2

texas tech

tcu

arizona state

clemson

nc state

virginia tech

georgia tech

texas

ucla

louisville

miami

UNC

the mighty usc trojans have played 3 times on a thursday/friday this year. this list is through week 8 and includes at least 4 top 10 teams at the time. I didn't evenbother listing all the BCS teams that have played on thursdays this year. just a sampling.

Feel free to point out which of those teams you classify as "great" so I know how many I have to list. Edited by JTrue

how about this year

south carolina

usc x 2

texas tech

tcu

arizona state

clemson

nc state

virginia tech

georgia tech

texas

ucla

louisville

miami

UNC

the mighty usc trojans have played 3 times on a thursday/friday this year. this list is through week 8 and includes at least 4 top 10 teams at the time. I didn't evenbother listing all the BCS teams that have played on thursdays this year. just a sampling.

Feel free to point out which of those teams you classify as "great" so I know how many I have to list.

all but nc state have received votes this year I believe. there are more as well just didn't list them.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The curse lives on. This team will never be great until we can win on a Thursday night.

no such thing as a curse

how about this year

south carolina

usc x 2

texas tech

tcu

arizona state

clemson

nc state

virginia tech

georgia tech

texas

ucla

louisville

miami

UNC

Feel free to point out which of those teams you classify as "great" so I know how many I have to list.

all but nc state have received votes this year I believe. there are more as well just didn't list them.

Since I'm at work and getting paid to waste my time on this sort of thing, here's your list through this past week:

Great Teams (by your lofty standards)

Miami, Louisville, USC x2, UCLA, Clemson, Texas Tech, South Carolina, TCU?, Texas?, Ga Tech?, Va Tech?, UCF?, and who can forget the 3-5 UNC juggernaut thats played twice

Teams That Probably Don't Quite Qualify as Great

USF, Houston, Rice, N. Texas, UL-Monroe x2, Troy x2, Marshall, Middle Tennessee x2, Kentucky, Miss. State, Rutgers x2, SD State, Air Force, Arizona, W. Kentucky, Iowa State x2, Utah x2, W. Carolina, Southern Utah, South Alabama, Utah State, Mississippi, Vanderbilt, Hawaii, Sacramento State x2, SJSU, Fresno, Tulsa x2, NC State, Arkansas State, Tulane x2, LA Tech, FAU, ECU, Arizona State, Liberty, Kent, UConn, Towson, Akron, Presbyterian, Wake Forest, Illinois State, Ball State, Bowling Green, Indiana State, Indiana, UNLV, Minnesota

I didn't count, but it appears to lean a little more towards the bottom than the top.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

I'll still shave my beard off WHEN we win on a Thursday. Been wearing it for a little over two years now.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The difference between Oregon, Stanford, OU, and Baylor playing this coming Thursday demonstrates the inability of the AAC commissioner and the lackies under his control to learn how to schedule a Thursday night game appropriately. Of the those four teams playing this Thursday, how many had bye this past Saturday? The answer - all four of them. For our game this past Thursday, Houston had to fly back from New Jersey last Saturday after a game vs Rutgers whereas USF had a short week as well and was coming off a bad loss at home to Louisville. Now, we go 17 days without a game being played. That's all good for grooming Mike White, but the bye week should always be utilized the week before a nationally televised mid-week game on ESPN - No exceptions! How hard is this to figure out. It allows both teams adequate time to prepare and also gives an extra two days preparation for the game facing them a week later. I scratch my head with the schedule makers decision making at times.

Good point here. But this offseason wasn't exactly the best for scheduling appropriately. They did well just to keep a conference with a TV contract, let alone get artful in scheduling. If it continues next year, I'll be more upset.