• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deja Vu, FSU??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I miss the days when we looked forward to upsets of actually good and historically relevant teams... It hurts to try and psych myself up to pull for an upset to Houston...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I miss the days when we looked forward to upsets of actually good and historically relevant teams... It hurts to try and psych myself up to pull for an upset to Houston...

I don't think beating Houston would wind up the mantle of program changing wins (like Auburn & FSU), but it WOULD signal at least a temp end to the suckness that hurts to watch.  I love that the young guys are getting a lot of time, but it's hard to utter "wait till next year" with 5 games left.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Ya...middle of the road CUSA juggernaut! Sigh!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This team we have now playing at their absolute very best for an entire game wouldn't even be able to beat FAU.

Yet they beat UC and UConn ... I'm not easily embarrassed by things USF fans say (well, except for youknowwho) but that's a ******* ridiculous statement.

Alright it's an exaggeration, but to be fair UConn probably isn't as good as FAU. And Cincy probably played the worst game they've played in 2 decades. I was talking about the "parallels" from 2009 to now. That our 2009 team playing their best could compete with just about anyone where that is not even close to the case with this team. I didn't mean it as a general statement.

Dangerously close to winning Strawman Argument of the Week.  No one compared the 2 teams.  I simply stated (or thought I did) a few commonalities that are interesting in this view.  How you somehow lept at me (or anyone) comparing the 2009 and 2013 is beyond comprehension.

I hope you can agree that the few simple comps (while not a predictor to the outcome) are real.  If not, I'm curious how you think they are not (unless we're beating parallel horses, and this gap just can't be closed).

The comparison between the situations really just aren't that close... that's all. Our D Line is our strength and we're starting a freshman QB that's about as far as it goes. FSU was coming off a much more impressive win, were ranked, is a national powerhouse program, in state team, etc.

He didn't say the SITUATIONS were the same, or even close, just that there were some interesting parallels ... Good grief.

Mike, is this one of those situations I should be letting go?

I'm not Mike, but I can say this:

USFbulls24 = the new Bull94.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

This team we have now playing at their absolute very best for an entire game wouldn't even be able to beat FAU.

Yet they beat UC and UConn ... I'm not easily embarrassed by things USF fans say (well, except for youknowwho) but that's a ******* ridiculous statement.

Alright it's an exaggeration, but to be fair UConn probably isn't as good as FAU. And Cincy probably played the worst game they've played in 2 decades. I was talking about the "parallels" from 2009 to now. That our 2009 team playing their best could compete with just about anyone where that is not even close to the case with this team. I didn't mean it as a general statement.

Dangerously close to winning Strawman Argument of the Week.  No one compared the 2 teams.  I simply stated (or thought I did) a few commonalities that are interesting in this view.  How you somehow lept at me (or anyone) comparing the 2009 and 2013 is beyond comprehension.

I hope you can agree that the few simple comps (while not a predictor to the outcome) are real.  If not, I'm curious how you think they are not (unless we're beating parallel horses, and this gap just can't be closed).

The comparison between the situations really just aren't that close... that's all. Our D Line is our strength and we're starting a freshman QB that's about as far as it goes. FSU was coming off a much more impressive win, were ranked, is a national powerhouse program, in state team, etc.

He didn't say the SITUATIONS were the same, or even close, just that there were some interesting parallels ... Good grief.

Mike, is this one of those situations I should be letting go?

I'm not Mike, but I can say this:

USFbulls24 = the new Bull94.  

No way in hell .... he's got miles to go before dropping that on him.

4 hours till game time...

Mike White getting some Twitter bulletin board material from Houston's SS.

Houston local rag puts out story on "3 USF Bulls to Watch"...Shaw, White, Lattimore.  Maybe Davis comes to life, and Giddens, Lynch & the D-line step it up & let Houston know they came to play.

Game time...Trick or Treat indeed!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

Our football lineage is far stronger than USF's *******.

Our football lineage is far stronger than USF's *******.

No disrespect intended, I'm sure...but that's a relative claim.  Houston may have some history, but in the past 20-30 years, it's not been a power house, Top 25 team. The comment refers to our wins over more established, recently successful teams like Clemson, FSU, Miami, Auburn and WVU.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

Wrong again. In the last 20-30 years:

2 or 3 top 10 finishes, multiple Cotton Bowl wins, a heisman trophy winner, every NCAA passing record broken by not 1 (Ware) not 2 (Klingler) but 3 (Keenum) UH quarterbacks. Multiple SWC titles and so on.

Now I hope we run up the score.

Edited by cougar king

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

So, back to the original post and the "pop heard round the world", I don't believe we have a safety with the nads to do that on this team.