• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what kind of statement is taggart trying to make?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Burning a redshirt in the fourth quarter of the seventh game when you are down 30 is clearly NOT about winning the game. I'm trying to get in Taggarts head. What kind of statement are you trying to make? Is it about punishing the interceptions? Is it throwing in the towel and building for next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Perhaps you could read some of the other hundreds of posts on the subject instead of starting a new thread to discuss the same thing.

Hint: look for a thread title with "redshirt" in it.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Losing will not be tolerated and if you're not getting it done then you will be on the bench watching.  That is the statement he is making. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

There is no statement.  He has four players in a position and the other three are not cutting it or are injured but it makes sense to play Mike.

• This helps if the kid is actually pretty good. If he stinks we are no worse off - consider that.
  • If he is the QB of the future he will get meaningful playing time even if he stinks now he might learn something for later.
  • It helps in recruiting QB's.  If you are a QB and want to play next year and Mike stinks you have to like your chances.  Even if he is good he could get hurt and you are in.
  • Helps recruiting other positions for same reason as above.  Willie will play you early.

There is also a small chance, so small I am dismissing it, that he is good enough to score a touchdown once in a while on offense.

The other side of the argument is that in four years (or so) our awesome QB will graduate?  Mike was Willie's very first commit.  I like to see how he does in that regard in the next three years before I second guess this move.

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

Desperation! It also gives him an excuse. He's playing alot "freshman"

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

He is making a statement that he wants to win!! He wants to win ASAP!!! He is a winner!! Not many coaches would have the balls to make moves like he does. I welcome it as I am tired of the losing too!!! All USF fans should welcome this change. He wants playmakers!! He will get this turned around. There is no sugar coating it like the last regime. So sit back and watch it happen. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

There is no statement.  He has four players in a position and the other three are not cutting it or are injured but it makes sense to play Mike.

• This helps if the kid is actually pretty good. If he stinks we are no worse off - consider that.
  • If he is the QB of the future he will get meaningful playing time even if he stinks now he might learn something for later.
  • It helps in recruiting QB's.  If you are a QB and want to play next year and Mike stinks you have to like your chances.  Even if he is good he could get hurt and you are in.
  • Helps recruiting other positions for same reason as above.  Willie will play you early.

There is also a small chance, so small I am dismissing it, that he is good enough to score a touchdown once in a while on offense.

The other side of the argument is that in four years (or so) our awesome QB will graduate?  Mike was Willie's very first commit.  I like to see how he does in that regard in the next three years before I second guess this move.

exactly.

I would add that it sends a message to the guys not getting it done that they may be better off looking for playing time somewhere else.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Desperation! It also gives him an excuse. He's playing alot "freshman"

the guy is not coaching for his job. he is coaching for the future.

desperartion would be pulling the red shirt of a walk-on 3rd string QB with 3 games to go in your 3rd year coaching  because you don't believe in the guy you have in place for the future.

That's for your opinion 94. I gave mine and I'll stick with it. He's made 4 changes at qb in 7 games. I know what this last one looks and smells like to me. I hope White lights it up but Im starting to question this coaching staff.

CWT is lucky we can't afford another coaching change

• Downvote 2