• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I realize we have no Peyton Manning, but......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

What plays do we actually run? Most of the time we are getting sacked or the ball is getting thrown out of bounds so I never really see what our WR's and TE's and RB's actually run

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

These stats scream out that actual scheme is part of the problem not just lack of talent.

We're running the power I with a collection of overrated, underperforming kids who were recruited to usf to run a variation of the spread.

it's like a donkey doing calculus

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

These stats scream out that actual scheme is part of the problem not just lack of talent.

Did you watch today? Eveld just doesn't get the football out of his hands. The offense actually moved a bit with Bench but we had a fumble in the Red zone. In short with Eveld the passing game was non existent, looked better with a less than100% bench, and we will see what it looks like with White. We don't need Peyton Manning just some one that can get the football out quickly and accurately with out turning it over. We just need Alex Smith type QB play

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

We're running the power I with a collection of overrated, underperforming kids who were recruited to usf to run a variation of the spread.

it's like a donkey doing calculus

Just curious- Do you think the power I is the best offense to run given the fact most high school kids around here play in a spread offense?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Did you watch today? Eveld just doesn't get the football out of his hands. The offense actually moved a bit with Bench but we had a fumble in the Red zone. In short with Eveld the passing game was non existent, looked better with a less than100% bench, and we will see what it looks like with White. We don't need Peyton Manning just some one that can get the football out quickly and accurately with out turning it over. We just need Alex Smith type QB play

WE DON'T HAVE AN OFFENSIVE TD IN THE LAST 12 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL NOW or something absolutely ridiculous. I don't care what kind of talent you're working with that is hard to do. If you don't think scheme or play calling has anything to do with it you're not watching.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Hate it. We need answers.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43

The offensive line is so bad that we can not effectively run the ball and our receivers are so bad at running routes and catching the ball that it allows the defense to stack the box against them.  Face it, the offense as a cohesive unit is just awful.  With poor play from the QB, O-line, and WR's this team will be lucky to ever score an offensive TD for the rest of the year.  I mean, we couldn't score on UCONN and did you see what UCF did to them today?  This season is a wash, pray that we can recruit some skill players on offense, practically the entire unit could be replaced.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

WE DON'T HAVE AN OFFENSIVE TD IN THE LAST 12 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL NOW or something absolutely ridiculous. I don't care what kind of talent you're working with that is hard to do. If you don't think scheme or play calling has anything to do with it you're not watching.

These same players were terrible without BJ last season in that scheme too. I think between that and this season all signs point to the offenses as a whole just not having enough talent and not the scheme. You can put these players in any scheme you want it's going to be a dumpster fire no matter what due to a lack of talent. I don't get why this is so hard for some to admit.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

These same players were terrible without BJ last season in that scheme too. I think between that and this season all signs point to the offenses as a whole just not having enough talent and not the scheme. You can put these players in any scheme you want it's going to be a dumpster fire no matter what due to a lack of talent. I don't get why this is so hard for some to admit.

It's an absolute fact that the majority of the issues on our offense is the lack of talent and I think that is widely accepted at this point, but going 12 straight quarters without a TD is atrocious. Either play calling or scheme absolutely has to take some of the blame. I am not saying its 50%, heck maybe its 5% or 10%, maybe its 20% I don't know, but some of the blame goes there. There are plenty of teams that have awful talent all over the field that sit in the cellar dweller of college football every season that can still find a way to score an offensive TD a game...

Edited by USFbulls24