• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

READ THIS_ We can make a bowl game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I love the optimism, however..... 8 quarters without an offensive touchdown against mediocre defenses leads me to believe we can win 1 maybe 2 more games.

But we scored two against Miami? True we are not consistent but not unable to score touchdowns.

One of those came on their third string defense. The offense issues are way too concerning

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

College football is such an unknown from week to week...it's proven time and time again that anything can happen in CFB...that's why it's so great to watch! This team is a "QB" from 5-1...if the QB play improves even a little then a Bowl Game is in the mix....if so that means the team went 6-2 during the last 8 games. Tall order but not impossible...Taggarts '11 WKU team started 0-4 and finished the last 8 games 7-1. Looking forward to the 2nd half of the season

Edited by BiggTipp

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I love the optimism, however..... 8 quarters without an offensive touchdown against mediocre defenses leads me to believe we can win 1 maybe 2 more games.

But we scored two against Miami? True we are not consistent but not unable to score touchdowns.

One of those came on their third string defense. The offense issues are way too concerning

Yeah, but UM's 3rd string is better than some defenses in the AAC. :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Is it possible they may need to dip into the 5-7 pool this year to fill all the slots?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Lot's of "if's" going on in this thread...let's not be that school to the east.

Right now we are 2-4 (2-0 in conference). With the teams remaining in our schedule, it will be difficult to pull out another 4 wins.

At BEST we win games vs: Memphis, SMU, UCF and maybe UH or RU

I see us beating Memphis and SMU, improving to 4-8 (from 3-9 last year) and still having probably one of our better in conference W-L records.

Coach T will have next year with more of his guys to make sure he doesn't lose those "freebie" games and make us bowl worthy.

Edited by Hem
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Lot's of "if's" going on in this thread...let's not be that school to the east.

Huge difference ... The "if's" here are for the future not for something that had already happened.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

To do it you have to assume wins at Houston and home against Memphis and SMU. Not out of realistic thought. Might be favored in the home games.

Can we take UCF or Rutgers on the road? Don't think ether is impossible. Will be fired up big time for both games. Emotions can lead to crazy results. Plus Rutgers might not have anything to play for in final game, they'll likely be bowl eligible and out of conference title picture.

Not likely, but would be quite a story to even win 3 and get a conference record of 5-3 with 2 losses to teams that'll be out of the conference next year.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Hoping for either the Fiesta, Sugar, or Orange. If we cant win the AAC then I hope we get the Beef O Brady's Bowl in St Pete. I love that bowl. Will make a weekend out of it on the beach!!!! One of my favorite bowls.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Puppys, rainbows and suger sticks.  Anything is possible.