• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Homecoming Scheduling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Why does USF always schedule conference opponets for Homecoming? I would much rather see USF play a team that we could beat.

Not sure why we always play Louisville, when every other school plays a different team for homecoming almost every single year.

Does not seem smart to me to schedule a conference game. There is a enough pressure on our boys to win conference games as it is, much less win homecoming ontop of a conference game as well. It would make more sense to schedule a OOC game for homecoming... not a cup cake, but a well known school that is beatabull.

Duke, Vandy, Kansas, Indiana, Arizona... etc.

No point to this post... just wanted to vent.

Also who is in charge of scheduling homecoming Athletics or the Homecoming Committee? Does the Homecoming Committee just look at the schedule and say we are going with this game this year... or does Athletics tell them that this game will be homecoming.

I would like to know so I can complain to whomever is in charge of this crapfest.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Why does USF always schedule conference opponets for Homecoming?

I stopped reading right there.

How clueless can you be?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Why does USF always schedule conference opponets for Homecoming? I would much rather see USF play a team that we could beat.

Not sure why we always play Louisville, when every other school plays a different team for homecoming almost every single year.

Does not seem smart to me to schedule a conference game. There is a enough pressure on our boys to win conference games as it is, much less win homecoming ontop of a conference game as well. It would make more sense to schedule a OOC game for homecoming... not a cup cake, but a well known school that is beatabull.

Duke, Vandy, Kansas, Indiana, Arizona... etc.

No point to this post... just wanted to vent.

Also who is in charge of scheduling homecoming Athletics or the Homecoming Committee? Does the Homecoming Committee just look at the schedule and say we are going with this game this year... or does Athletics tell them that this game will be homecoming.

I would like to know so I can complain to whomever is in charge of this crapfest.

Right on. We should schedule a team like McNeese or FAU.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

How clueless can you be?

So what your saying is that Syracuse was not part of the Big East, and Louisville was not part of the Big East and is not part of the AAC this season?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Well hopefully we can draw a few more butts to seats for our biggest game of the year.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780

I agree.  I would prefer to schedule a cup cake team to beat and lift team moral and school spirit during homecoming.  However, as referenced above, this year it probably wouldn't make a difference (i.e. FAU & McNeese State).

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Not many OOC games at this point in the season across the country. Would be extremely difficult to schedule a BCS school in mid-late October-November.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

Big 10 does conference opponents as well. I thought conference games was the norm.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565

How clueless can you be?

So what your saying is that Syracuse was not part of the Big East, and Louisville was not part of the Big East and is not part of the AAC this season?

Homecoming is scheduled in late October or early November. Just about every team in the country that is in a conference has homecoming against conference opponents.

Not sure how homecoming would work for us in September.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

How clueless can you be?

No, what he's saying is that pretty much everyone who follows college football knows what the current situation is involving homecoming games ...