• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You'd Think We're 0-6

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Truth be told, we had a better QB, offensive line and receivers when I was riding the bench 13 years ago. And there lies the problem. If we played McNeese State today, we would still lose to them as their QB would pick our defense apart (that's what a fourth year starter does - ask Pittsburgh what they made of Marquel Blackwell). We have been extremely fortunate to get wins against two teams experiencing the same hardships we're experiencing (lack of good QB play due to injuries or inexperience, dropped passes, etc). Unless Teddy Bridgewater gets knocked out early during our game, there's no way we're within two TD's of them. We have a defense that is coming along, however the offense can't sustain any momentum to keep them off the field. The QB situation now is way worse than anything we experienced during the Banks, Julimeste, Fisher saga. I'm enjoying the wins presently - but I'm also realistic about the significant drop off in talent that we've experienced over the last couple of seasons (that's on coaching - the players can only do so much with their skill set). What these two losses will do is help knowledgeable Bulls fans that gamble make a lot of money in Vegas playing the Louisville line in two weeks. We are in bad shape, but I'll still be hollering at my television set in Texas representing my love for the Green and Gold.

STOP BEING REALISTIC!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm ecstatic about the wins. That doesn't mean that we still don't have some glaring issues on both sides of the ball

This.

Some people are mistaking speaking about legit concerns about this team as being negative.

Yes, but even if we were Alabama, people would be complaining.  It is getting rather annoying....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

the board is about a "toxic" as it normally is when most understand how big an underdog this team is in every game.

so those wins are GREAT-- cuz winning is the most important stat.

however we all understand and like to discuss what our issues are so we can relish whatever improvements that happen. It also is what this place is all about......

think of it this way-- a lot less people are resorting to the current "fire woolard" line of thinking and focusing more on what areas of weakness can help us with future opponents.

to me-- that is progress both for the team and the message board.

remember-- even when we were ranked highly-- people still had stuff to complain about-- it is their nature. The ones who bother me are the folks who NEVER seem to have something good to say at all and ONLY focus on negatives even when a thread is about something pretty positive for the team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I remember two years ago w BJ and Darrel Scott, we dropped like 500 yds on UConn @ UConn. They put up like 200 yds but they still won. It's great dominating the statistics, but I'm good w getting wins at this point.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

the board is about a "toxic" as it normally is when most understand how big an underdog this team is in every game.

however we all understand and like to discuss what our issues are so we can relish whatever improvements that happen. It also is what this place is all about......

think of it this way-- a lot less people are resorting to the current "fire woolard" line of thinking and focusing more on what areas of weakness can help us with future opponents.

remember-- even when we were ranked highly-- people still had stuff to complain about-- it is their nature. The ones who bother me are the folks who NEVER seem to have something good to say at all and ONLY focus on negatives even when a thread is about something pretty positive for the team.

Our team is an underdog because of how crappy they are. We were favored over McCheese and FAU. When you lose to teams like that, you will be the underdog for the rest of the season.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Our team is an underdog because of how crappy they are. We were favored over McCheese and FAU. When you lose to teams like that, you will be the underdog for the rest of the season.

UConn lost to Towson, was favored over us, and lost to us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

WIN

WIN

WIN

Nothing else matters.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I've cut back on the rhetoric myself... at this point as long as we beat UCF I will be estatic with this season given how it started.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I've cut back on the rhetoric myself... at this point as long as we beat UCF I will be estatic with this season given how it started.

I will be happy if we beat UCF, ecstatic is reserved for a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I will be happy if we beat UCF, ecstatic is reserved for a bowl game.

LOL

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm ecstatic about the wins.  That doesn't mean that we still don't have some glaring issues on both sides of the ball

• Upvote 1