• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Three of us are flying down for the game arriving on the Wednesday before and coming back Monday morning.  I hate that this is our last time there as we love RJS.  I guess going forward we will schedule our mini vacations around the Miami and Florida State games.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

That was an awesome game when we beat UL.  The weird thing about it is that Amarri never had a game like that again.  Where did it go?

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937

Louisville game changed me from a casual fan to a diehard... was a frosh at the time

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

That was an awesome game when we beat UL. The weird thing about it is that Amarri never had a game like that again. Where did it go?

Same place Andre Davis' games have gone since Nevada. In the black hole of luck all used up.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

That was an awesome game when we beat UL. The weird thing about it is that Amarri never had a game like that again. Where did it go?

Same place Andre Davis' games have gone since Nevada. In the black hole of luck all used up.

you can say same thing about Dunkley in that  game except smaller scale

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Being Homecoming, playing a ranked team that travels well and being 2-0 in conference. I will go with 47k announced and 41k in seats.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'd say at least 40,000 actual butts in seats is realistic

Edited by GoBulls84

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I'll never forget that game in '05. Not sure it tops FSU '09, KU '08 or WVU '07 but it's up there.

WVU is the most electric game I've ever seen but nothing will top the '05 Louisville game for me. What an absolute drubbing. Amarri will always have a special place in my heart after that reverse and subsequent pass TD. I remember listening to them talk on College Gameday the week before about how Louisville would surely run the table ...

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Tell people Justin Bieber might show up...it's a rumor.  Bottom line...people in the Bay Area are not sports fans and only understand one thing about sports and it has to do with "winning".  They don't care about sports they like the endorphins that go with winning.  I like sports.  I will show.  At the last game, in spite of the small crowd one thing was clear...the people who were there were sports fans and understood what was happening on the field.  In that respect, it was kind of nice. All that said...I'll go with 38K just because people understand the opponent is ranked #8.  

ROLL 'EM, ROCKY!!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Lets see, Factors going into the game for attendance... 

1) Homecoming, which the school does a moderate job of promoting.  It will draw more students (especially seniors and grads) who want to celebrate a bit.

2) Winning streak.  The fans understand the last two games were ugly, but they were wins so they will remember that.  Problem is, they also probably remember the drubbing we took from McNeese St.  They want a redemption game, but most on campus here are expecting a loss.  Still we can ride that win streak to a few thousand more people in the stands.

3) #8 ranked Louisville is in the house for the last time.  That ranking will draw the curious and the people who will want to watch a Heisman contender play.  Also, who wouldn't want to send an unbeaten conference team packing one last time?  (we can dream)

4) Louisville fans.  Not exactly an in state team or a fan base like Ohio State who can fill Cal's stadium for them.  But they will have a few thousand ravenous fans looking to keep their BCS hopes alive.  They'll be here making noise.

Considering the last game's attendance was 16K, I'll try to assume that these factors will largely impact attendance.  34,000 (5.5K students) Bulls fans/people from the area who get bored and buy cheap tickets in the lot.  3-6,000 Louisville fans spread out.  Some from the area and some flying down.  So 37-40K in the seats. 

Hope we can win, but we need a healthy Shaw and Bench to really get this thing moving.  Bring out the trick plays and work hard this week.  We just might do it with those factors in our favor.