• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official TBP In-Game Thread and Chat Room - Bulls vs UConn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Man our secondary seems a lot better

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

last season we LOST these games... how many losses by last minute field goals did we have?

this year Taggs is WINNING them.

is it pretty?  no. but they are W's.

it took him 4 games-- only 2 of which were absolutely putrid, the other 2 were either expected (Miami) or competitive (MichState) games against much better teams-- but he is finding ways to win, even if he the players can't get into the endzone.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

We beat UCONN at their own game

yes. shiddy, mistake-prone, penalty-riddled football full of field goals and punting.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425

2-0 in conference....makes for a good trip home and a nice bye week.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

The defense was soft in most of the first half but played hard in the second half. Offense made a couple of good plays but couldn't finish a drive. Way too many mistakes. Good to have a win. I'm not writing us off yet, especially if we can get Shaw and/or Bench back at some point. We need this bye week bad, though to work on some major issue.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

I hate a conservative play call in that situation.... play to win. 1st down and that game is over now Uconn gets the ball.

??? We pinned them inside the 5 with 1:46 for a horrible offense?? Bet on our D.

It worked out... I didn't say it didn't. I said I don't like a conservative play call in that situation. When you do that you're playing "not to lose" instead of playing "to win". Someone else mentioned it a few posts earlier about it reminding them of Holtz play calling and how we lost a few games last year. 

If UCONN doesn't have the worst game/time management there is in college football behind La Tech and Holtz they have the ball with 16 seconds, a timeout and the ball at the 50 yard line. That game easily could have gone into OT where as a first down on that 3rd and 6 and UCONN is buried.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

we won the most important stat of the game and at this point, that is ALL I care about

W

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I hate a conservative play call in that situation.... play to win. 1st down and that game is over now Uconn gets the ball.

??? We pinned them inside the 5 with 1:46 for a horrible offense?? Bet on our D.

It worked out... I didn't say it didn't. I said I don't like a conservative play call in that situation. When you do that you're playing "not to lose" instead of playing "to win". Someone else mentioned it a few posts earlier about it reminding them of Holtz play calling and how we lost a few games last year.

If UCONN doesn't have the worst game/time management there is in college football behind La Tech and Holtz they have the ball with 16 seconds, a timeout and the ball at the 50 yard line. That game easily could have gone into OT where as a first down on that 3rd and 6 and UCONN is buried.

I see your point, but it was the smart call. UConn had their share of luck on that last drive too to get to that 3rd and 6. Our D was the safe bet all day.