• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This May Be The Beginning Of The End Of Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

If you missed Frontline on PBS's special tonight, League of Denial. Brain trauma from football has been seen in players as young as 18. The response to the program on social media on the NFL's trying to hide the issue was overwhelming. This could seriously mean the end to football. And is was said that the NFL settled the brain injury lawsuit before it was aired because they knew the response was going to be very strong against the NFL.

It is streaming here.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/league-of-denial/

Reaction to the documentary. http://q.usatoday.com/2013/10/08/league-of-denial-live-blog/

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Football is safe for little kids that can't put big hits on each other. Once the players pass 170 lbs the risk of head trauma is much higher.

Football will not be the same in 30 years.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Oh Jesus, I just want to beat UConn this weekend.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Boxing is still around. Hell, MMA exists. The real problem with the NFL is its tax preferences but that's another story.

Football is safe for little kids that can't put big hits on each other. Once the players pass 170 lbs the risk of head trauma is much higher.

Did you watch the show? They don't know at what age its safe, or damage starts. They have found it in 45 of 46 NFL player brains and in 18 year olds. It doesn't even take concussions, but the hard jostling like that of linemen.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sports/league-of-denial/the-four-stages-of-cte/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

• Downvote 1

Boxing is still around. Hell, MMA exists. The real problem with the NFL is its tax preferences but that's another story.

Its in boxing too. Its been seen in soccer players too. But the NFL has players jostling their brains over a thousand times a season. You don't get that in other sports.

h.png

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Did you watch the show? They don't know at what age its safe, or damage starts. They have found it in 45 of 46 NFL player brains and in 18 year olds. It doesn't even take concussions, but the hard jostling like that of linemen.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sports/league-of-denial/the-four-stages-of-cte/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

No I haven't seen it. Sounds worse than anyone could have guessed.

My mom always says roller coasters are bad because they jostle your head.

Would soft helmets be safer?

What are the stats for rugby? How does rugby trauma compare to football. Would be interesting to know.

No I haven't seen it. Sounds worse than anyone could have guessed.

My mom always says roller coasters are bad because they jostle your head.

Would soft helmets be safer?

What are the stats for rugby? How does rugby trauma compare to football. Would be interesting to know.

Go and watch it, its free, its eye opening the way the NFL tried to dismiss this. I mean, the way the NFL treated the MD that discovered this is repulsive and shocking. And the stories? Distressing. And I was wrong, they have found it in 17 year olds, not 18. But they need to do a ton more research.

Frontline PBS doc 'League of Denial' examines NFL concussion problem
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

The moment I knew PBS Frontline's League of Denial -- a documentary on the NFL's concussion crisis airing Tuesday night -- was a big deal? When my mother sent along an article about the accompanying LOD book noting that it "raises a lot of tough questions for the NFL and the sport of football in general." That's precisely what PBS' documentary does and it's worth your time or, at the very least, DVR space....................