• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I will never abandon this program but this team and coaching staff have lost me. I'm completely numb to to this season and this team right now. Have faith? Come on Taggart, I don't understand those words anymore. Win a game already. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Willie is my guy. This season is lost but I want to give him three years just like we gave Holtz. Its hard to be patient, but we have no other choice.

Why is he your guy? I want to look forward to next season but I am having trouble.

Classic concern troll....

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

It is a good thing some of the people on these boards are not athletic directors. An 0-4 start is not the end of the world especially in the AAC which will be even more watered down next year. USF does not have the money nor the name brand to fire head coaches.

If nearly anyone on this board (or really anyone with a little common sense) were the Athletic Director we wouldn't still be paying Skip Holtz!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I think Charlie Strong had about as bad a team to take over from Kragthorpe at Louisville. I also feel Strong would have gone 6-6 with our schedule. I like Taggart, but I think his youth and that of some of his staff are going to necessitate some growing pains, even once we do start winning some. I don't believe he was as ready for a head coaching gig as Strong was.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

To be honest I think USF shouldve hired the pirate Mike Leach...

Once they fired Leavitt they couldn't hire a guy who was fired for abusing a player.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Strong had a lot more experienced talent to work with when he got to Louisville.

Their QB from Strong's first year was actually good enough to be one of the last cuts by the Falcons.

There were 3 or 4 proven, upper classmen receivers plus a senior Bilal Powell and Junior Victor Anderson who were both top running backs in the league.

That was enough talent to buy Strong a year of growth to let his recruits develop.

We have no proven talent at receiver. Shaw is good and I can say with pretty good certainty that Eveld has little shot at becoming an udfa.

The only 2 guys with any proven ability is Lattimore and Lynch.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think Charlie Strong had about as bad a team to take over from Kragthorpe at Louisville. I also feel Strong would have gone 6-6 with our schedule. I like Taggart, but I think his youth and that of some of his staff are going to necessitate some growing pains, even once we do start winning some. I don't believe he was as ready for a head coaching gig as Strong was.

+1 The Taggart hire kind of shocked me...

I was not a fan of the hire, but I'm trying to stay positive. I felt Petrino would have been the right hire, but I understand the baggage issue. Either way, I'm supporting my school and program, other than that, I really can't control it

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Seems like most people are hanging their hat on his ability to recruit, and I haven't heard much about his ability to coach and win a game. He's got a signature win against Kentucky if you can call it that. His sideline presence and ability to make changes during the game hasn't impressed me. Should be a long few years.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't think some of you realize just how much in shambles Skip left USF.  He utterly destroyed the program.  The program is now back to 1997 levels.  He left the cupboard bare.  There's not even a can of soup in the cupboard.  It will take time for Willie to build things.  

Heresy.  There were enough soup mix packets in the cupboard to beat McNeese State and FAU - maybe we just didn't have water or broth.  

At least that's what I was basically told after the first game, when I said the EXACT SAME THING.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Seems like most people are hanging their hat on his ability to recruit, and I haven't heard much about his ability to coach and win a game. He's got a signature win against Kentucky if you can call it that. His sideline presence and ability to make changes during the game hasn't impressed me. Should be a long few years.

the guy is 37 years old. he has 3 years of head coaching experience.

took a lower level team that had lost 20 straight games and had only been in d-1a for a year to a bowl in his 3rd year.

can't really expect a stacked resume.

I like his sideline demeanor.