• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Call me an optimist but I like it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I want to chime in and say Holtz pulling the offer was dumb because if he pulls the offer he removes all chance of the kid committing versus just letting him go on visits which still leaves a chance. Holtz removed USF from the picture, not the recruit.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I want to chime in and say Holtz pulling the offer was dumb because if he pulls the offer he removes all chance of the kid committing versus just letting him go on visits which still leaves a chance. Holtz removed USF from the picture, not the recruit.

Holtz had a limited number of scholarships available.  He also had a quaterback willing to commit.  

He could:
-Lie to the other QB and then pull the scholly from him if Carnes remained committed.
-Tell the other QB to wait around and hope a scholly becomes available.
- Or he could pull the offer from Carnes if Carnes wasn't willing to fully commit and give it to the kid that was ready to fully commit.

Which option would you choose?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

He wasn't tight on scholarships. They had 2 kids in powell and montague that were not going to qualify. They ended up with tj knowles in may and Darrell scott as a transfer also.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I haven't kept up with him, but how is Brion Carnes doing at NE anyways? Do we regret how things ended up after all? We all known Gunsby washed out...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

carnes washed out at NE and plays at a lower division school

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Thanks

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I haven't kept up with him, but how is Brion Carnes doing at NE anyways? Do we regret how things ended up after all? We all known Gunsby washed out...

Was the backup QB behind Taylor Martinez in 2011, moved to WR in 2012 and transferred to northern Iowa in may. He is the backup QB and northern Iowa is the #5 1-AA team in the country. They play host to the #9 team this weekend in McNeese state.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I responded to a Holtz didn't burn that bridge when clearly he did. all evidence points to that even though you apologists can't admit it.

What evidence?

the fact that Holtz didn't sign 1 single recruit from the school and Taggart signed a 4 star recruit within 2 weeks of being here suggests Holtz had no relationship with that program.

I guess Leavitt didn't either.

Leavitt signed an olineman from there if i remember correctly. He also had a good enough relationship to get their 4 star QB to verbally committ along with a receiver that's now in the NFL.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Holtz had a limited number of scholarships available.  He also had a quaterback willing to commit.  

He could:
-Lie to the other QB and then pull the scholly from him if Carnes remained committed.
- Or he could pull the offer from Carnes if Carnes wasn't willing to fully commit and give it to the kid that was ready to fully commit.

I'd sign them both. we only had 1 QB on scholarship at the time.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He could:

I'd sign them both. we only had 1 QB on scholarship at the time.

If only coaching college football was as easy as you believe it to be.