• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For Those Bulls Fans With Dish Network

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

In case you aren't aware, Dish's billionaire owner Charlie Ergen hates ESPN/ABC/Disney more than we do. That's why ESPN News, ESPNU and the Disney channels are in SD. The end of their contract is in two days, 9/20, is the deadline for them to come together on a new contract. If they don't ESPN will only be carried by Dish until the end of the month. At least one analyst says that Dish is going to drop ESPN.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/tv091713.htm

You need to be prepared to switch providers, find somewhere else to watch the games etc. Just a heads up for those that aren't aware of the situation, luckily it was a bye week.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Charlie Ergen = Awesome

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Didn't think it was possible for anyone to Hate the MOUSE more than USF Fans or those of the BE/ AAC. 

Not that it matters to me since I don't have Dish, But Im glad to see someone stand up to the EVIL EMPIRE.   They make like 5 bucks per household from those who have Cable or Satellite tv.   That's a lot of dough regardless if you ever turn on one of their stations or not. 

Hope Dish holds their ground, and others follow suit, Break up the MOUSE like  AT&T   Years ago.  Would love nothing more than to see them squirm or lose money for the treatment of the BE and those being relegated to Non Power Conference Status.  ESPiN is running and Ruining College FB.

Charlie wants Congress involved. He wants regulation.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Assuming;

1- we hate espn.

2- dish hates espn.

3- dish and espn cannot agree on new terms.

4- dish drops espn.

Conclusion: we drop dish and go with new provider who carries espn.

Doesn't that mean we are helping espn and hurting dish? The end result of which is dish goes crawling back to espn?

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

In case you aren't aware, Dish's billionaire owner Charlie Ergen hates ESPN/ABC/Disney more than we do. That's why ESPN News, ESPNU and the Disney channels are in SD. The end of their contract is in two days, 9/20, is the deadline for them to come together on a new contract. If they don't ESPN will only be carried by Dish until the end of the month. At least one analyst says that Dish is going to drop ESPN.

You need to be prepared to switch providers, find somewhere else to watch the games etc. Just a heads up for those that aren't aware of the situation, luckily it was a bye week.

They don't offer those channels in HD?  Seriously?  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

I hope he doesn't have all his money tied up in Dish, he will only be a millionaire or worse if they drop ESPN.

They don't offer those channels in HD?  Seriously?  

Nope. They did have the Disney channels and ESPN News in HD and then they started fighting a few years back and Dish started only carrying the SD feed. They were suppose to get ESPNU in HD and never did because by then they were suing each other.

As for a new provider, I posted this so people were aware and can think ahead in case this does happen. Some say if it does it will outlast the CBS outage on one of the cable companies that lasted a month.

I like Dish. The quality of the picture is supposed to be better than cable. I also have access to speed2.com and EPIX app via Dish. I am pretty sure that if I switch I am going to have to pay more. I do have OTA for ABC. I do have ESPN3 access via Comcast since its my ISP. I do have NFL Rewind so I can watch MNF on Tues. And I think games on ESPN, ESPNU are later archived on the ESPN app so I can watch those games after the fact. So for some, its not so bad, just have to wait to see games.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have had Direct TV for years and have found the picture and service excellent. I have always heard Dish is a step down from Direct TV, but I really don't know. Glad I don't have to worry about this.

I have had Direct TV for years and have found the picture and service excellent. I have always heard Dish is a step down from Direct TV, but I really don't know. Glad I don't have to worry about this.

The big difference is Sunday Ticket. I have Sunday Ticket online, it was only $40 if you bought the Madden 25 anniversary edition.

The picture quality for both is about the same from what I've read. As for sports, Dish has Pac12 and Big 10 networks along with all the Fox and even the Comcast regionals. And like I said, Speed2.com access which is racing around the world like Le Mans. Epix HD is 3 channels owned by several networks and has movies a lot faster than even HBO gets them. And I get streaming and physical disc from Blockbuster included so for movies, I think the nod goes to Dish  ESPN has been the only issue. http://www.epixhd.com/

Edited by slick1ru2