• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The New, Improved Dumbgeon (Including Random Thoughts from around the site by UCF and UM fans)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Quality UCF edumakation on display right there.

UCF goods won't fly off the shelf in Tampa, neither will any of the other AAC teams.

Gator and Seminole fans abound, and could save the store, but then the question becomes, "is it worth saving, at such a cost?"

re

That's a load of BS and you know it. UCF merchandise would sell in Tampa just like usf merchandise would sell in Orlando. Both are large schools with hundreds of thousands alumni living in the Tampa/Orlando region.

Stop being a puss. You don't have to entertain the UF/FSU crowd to survive. You also don't need to have large quanities in stock initially until you know it works.

Being the youngest in the family, I never had an annoying little brother following me around.

Now I know what it feels like.

Go home and play with your Barbie dolls.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah, no way having AAC gear makes much difference.

Definitely not enough for visiting fans to decide to pour money into a store when if they were fans, they'd likely buy online or get/have stuff of their preference before coming to Tampa in the first place.

And so what if an independently owned store makes an extra $1000 (being generous) per football season. That's the owner's money. Even if he donates to USF...cool story bro, we'll surely count on the $1000 a year in extra donations and we'll have a spiffy on campus stadium of our own in six weeks.

There's no reason to have any joint venture selling of opponent ANYTHING unless it's a "BEAT [so and so]" t-shirt, or a picture of GOL to tape to your local scarecrow to keep the birds away.

Where's that **** Jackie Chan "I can't even..." meme when you need it.

Edit - props for the advice, but I don't think it flys here. And I don't think USF is "broke".

Edited by Danm1983

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

LOL at an inferiority complex, accused by a UCEff fan who won't stop trolling our board. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

LOL at an inferiority complex, accused by a UCEff fan who won't stop trolling our board. 

Yeah, made the mistake of giving  this its' own thread when it should have gone to its' proper place in the beginning ..... where it now will reside.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Page 11? I thought this thing was hundreds of pages long?

Edited by charsibb

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Page 11? I thought this thing was hundreds of pages long?

That was the Drivel thread ... This one was just started last September ... but if Mikey's need to fit in with us continues, it could hit 100 in a couple of weeks.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Extension. Highest paid AAC Coach. Sorry, I am wrong, still behind Tuberville.

GOL will average 2M over 4 years, T gets 3M from  recall, so I might be wrong or off a little.

For link lovers:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/24559751/ucf-oleary-reach-new-deal

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

USF UCF combo is a no brainer for big 12

$, TV, recruiting

USF+ UCF > FSU

USF+ UCF > Miami

USF+ UCF > Florida

You need to understand that a UCF and USF deal is NEVER going to happen.

At this rate, UCF is in a position to leave us behind (and they will - if we keep trying to sell ourselves in conjuction with them).

We need to FOCUS on aggrandizing individually - and supporting ONLY our school.

I really don't understand UCF being in a better position than USF.  Two years ago USF had a superior football team than UCF, and USF has had a far better team than UCF most of the last decade.  There really is zero reason to believe that UCF is suddenly going to have a better program than USF for the next twenty years.  Just because they lucked out with one QB and managed to win a few squeakers does not change the fact that they barely sold out the South Carolina game when everyone knew the UCF team was going to be pretty good.  Attendence over the last ten years is clearly in USF's favor, as is success over that time period and many other factors.

University presidents aren't that dumb to select a school because of success on the field or lack therof based on ONE SEASON.  Plenty of other factors weigh in much more heavily.  

If one season of on the field success was important, Boise St would have been in a BCS conference years ago.

Please don't come on here and downplay UCF. You should know the Knights have won 10 or more games in 3 out of the past 4 seasons. 2 of which garnered finishing nationally ranked. The voters concurred. One season my @$$. Then how many good seasons has usf had in which they finished higher than the top 20???

All while playing in a substandard conference while USF was playing against current BCS schools.

Really, I don't come on a USF board to read about your over inflated ego.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

USF UCF combo is a no brainer for big 12

$, TV, recruiting

USF+ UCF > FSU

USF+ UCF > Miami

USF+ UCF > Florida

You need to understand that a UCF and USF deal is NEVER going to happen.

At this rate, UCF is in a position to leave us behind (and they will - if we keep trying to sell ourselves in conjuction with them).

We need to FOCUS on aggrandizing individually - and supporting ONLY our school.

I really don't understand UCF being in a better position than USF.  Two years ago USF had a superior football team than UCF, and USF has had a far better team than UCF most of the last decade.  There really is zero reason to believe that UCF is suddenly going to have a better program than USF for the next twenty years.  Just because they lucked out with one QB and managed to win a few squeakers does not change the fact that they barely sold out the South Carolina game when everyone knew the UCF team was going to be pretty good.  Attendence over the last ten years is clearly in USF's favor, as is success over that time period and many other factors.

University presidents aren't that dumb to select a school because of success on the field or lack therof based on ONE SEASON.  Plenty of other factors weigh in much more heavily.  

If one season of on the field success was important, Boise St would have been in a BCS conference years ago.

Please don't come on here and downplay UCF. You should know the Knights have won 10 or more games in 3 out of the past 4 seasons. 2 of which garnered finishing nationally ranked. The voters concurred. One season my @$$. Then how many good seasons has usf had in which they finished higher than the top 20???

Sorry who the F*** are you again? Where are those **** cheese traps when you need them..