The New, Improved Dumbgeon (Including Random Thoughts from around the site by UCF and UM fans)

UCFhonors

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

You beat a team by 3 points for the first time in 4 tries..... nice whipping boy... good effort.... 

idiot.... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

You beat a team by 3 points for the first time in 4 tries..... nice whipping boy... good effort....

idiot....

wouldnt that be the first time in 5 tries? :D

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Have they ever tried to sell other schools gear to help gain a larger audience? Like maybe an AAC section for visiting teams to drop by and spend some vacation money?

i'm looking to buy some UCF gear to donate to a chimp I  sponsor at Busch Gardens. Also thinking of donating some to homeless. There is no such thing as bad advertising

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Have they ever tried to sell other schools gear to help gain a larger audience? Like maybe an AAC section for visiting teams to drop by and spend some vacation money?

i'm looking to buy some UCF gear to donate to a chimp I  sponsor at Busch Gardens. Also thinking of donating some to homeless. There is no such thing as bad advertising

Now is not a good time to joke around. Maybe if the usf athletics program as a whole became a national power then maybe you can rescind back to being exclusively usf. But as many have stated here before, the program is in ruins and simply doesn't have the fan base to accommodate a usf exclusive store. To survive maybe it's time to reach out to a larger market. IMO

I thought about that too but maybe online only sales. But as others have stated their website needs serious work. If they are not on ebay/amazon yet they should be and there would be the place to sell other schools merch. I for one would rather not see it in our brick and mortar though. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

Let me put this into perspective for you since most of you on here can't seem stay on the topic.

USF's (CJL's) highest ever accolade was reaching a #2 ranking for the 8th week of the 2007 season (going on 7 years ago). The reality is this means nothing and wreaks of a small time mindset. Questions: Without researching it, who was the #2 ranked team for the 8th week of 2006? 2008? Who won the 2007 Fiesta Bowl?

Want to see more of what big time is all about? Go to the front page of ESPN.com

Now bow down chaps and kiss my avatars ring.

honestly I could not tell u who won the 2007 Fiesta Bowl either

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

Now is not a good time to joke around. Maybe if the usf athletics program as a whole became a national power then maybe you can rescind back to being exclusively usf. But as many have stated here before, the program is in ruins and simply doesn't have the fan base to accommodate a usf exclusive store. To survive maybe it's time to reach out to a larger market. IMO

If the idea had any validity at all, probably would have been left in the thread on the Main Board but anybody who knows anything about business knows if you're in trouble, the last thing you need to do is sink money into unneeded inventory .... especially inventory that you have very little chance of moving. When I go to away games, the last place I would want to go to is an opposing team's fan store ... unless, possibly, it was one of the historic ones like ND or maybe Southern Cal, Michigan ... and it wouldn't be to buy USF stuff. 

If they wanted to reach out to a larger audience in THIS area, it sure as hell wouldn't be to AAC fans. I can't even bring myself to mention who they'd have to reach out to to try and weather this thing out ...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I'd be arrested for throwing UCiF gear out of the stadium.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

A shining example of UCF marketing genius.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

They should sell gear to all AAC schools. The AAC is who we are all and we must stick together. 

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

Two things - First PETA would be all over you for harming a chimp. Second, why not give some older USF gear to the homeless and buy more from BULLS OUTFITTER?