• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett mcmurphy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He's somebody you spit on if you see him in the streets...

Muff cabbage

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Mcmurphy didn't kill any program. By suggesting as much you just give him credit... Other programs have dealt with FAR worse and made it through. Doug made a BAD hire that most thought was a pretty good one. That particular hire really put us in a bad spot and now we are dealing with it.

we will eventually right the ship

This "killing the program" crap is ridiculous and furthered by those who don't know **** about college football. All programs go through rough times, relatively speaking, and it's our turn.

Muff cabbage

Muff cabbage? ..... I'm scared to ask.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Muff cabbage

South Park reference

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Mcmurphy didn't kill any program. By suggesting as much you just give him credit... Other programs have dealt with FAR worse and made it through. Doug made a BAD hire that most thought was a pretty good one. That particular hire really put us in a bad spot and now we are dealing with it.

we will eventually right the ship

This "killing the program" crap is ridiculous and furthered by those who don't know **** about college football. All programs go through rough times, relatively speaking, and it's our turn.

Trip, it's fair to say that other teams do go through tough times, typically attributable to recruiting, coaching, conference change, maybe NCAA violation.  This feels much different knowing the vindictive son of a _______ reporter, his disgruntled locker room playpals, and the "investigation" by an AD that wasn't "powerful" enough.  

Also, realizing that many of those that care, saw this whole thing being built and saw the early success but knew it would take time would be fully prepared for success.  Unfortunately, that patience you ask for now from fans was absent from many when, in the program's tenth year of existence, we couldn't get into a BCS game.  That started a lot of grumbling then.

I'd rather us have suffered from something we didn't bring onto ourselves so willingly.  The crap we're in now is all self-inflicted.

• Upvote 2

Muff cabbage

South Park reference

Ah .... not sure why I never did get that into SP ... I think I'm sick enough.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

McMurphy reported an actual event that happened against a coach that treated him like crap. Yeah, I'm sure he revels in it a bit, but he's a good journalist and our coach and fans treated him like crap for not only reporting the positive

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

McMurphy was a sensationalist though. Yes his story turned out to be true.  Yes it needed to be reported.  But there is legitimate reporting in then there is helping to create the story - he clearly crossed the line - doesn't exonerate anyone involved but it does discredit him.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

McMurphy was a sensationalist though. Yes his story turned out to be true.  Yes it needed to be reported.  But there is legitimate reporting in then there is helping to create the story - he clearly crossed the line - doesn't exonerate anyone involved but it does discredit him.

Yeah, but Leavitt had made a game of ******* on McMurphy for over two years leading up to the story.

Had Leavitt not treated McMurphy so bad this story would have come and gone.