• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sold on Bench?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Defense didn't play well. either.  Their pathetic offense scored more than Michigan State

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Defense didn't play well. either. Their pathetic offense scored more than Michigan State

Under 250 yards and 14 points should be an easy win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Defense didn't play well. either. Their pathetic offense scored more than Michigan State

Under 250 yards and 14 points should be an easy win.

Some people just don't understand football. Those stats at any level should mean a win. Our offense once again let down the entire team. Pathetic showing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

This game turned last night when the ball was almost touching the goal line and we couldn't score.  The fourth down call brought back nightmares from UConn and VooDoo 5

this was the head scratcher to me and agree it was the turning point. Running wide would have been my last choice. Is there a thing as being too close to the goal line for a fade? We have got some huge wr's/te's so why not utilize them there ...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

Our WR's can't catch the ball. Our QB's don't have enough time to throw it. I would have rolled Bench to the outside at least once. Let him run it in or pass on the move

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

This game turned last night when the ball was almost touching the goal line and we couldn't score.  The fourth down call brought back nightmares from UConn and VooDoo 5

this was the head scratcher to me and agree it was the turning point. Running wide would have been my last choice. Is there a thing as being too close to the goal line for a fade? We have got some huge wr's/te's so why not utilize them there ...

I think we ran wide because we tried up the middle a couple of times and Shaw did not have the power.  If he weighed 20 more lbs he would have scored on the first down run IMO.

I would not run a fade with our QB's. It is a solid call for that situation, just not for this team.  

I still think we should have tried up the middle but I understand the call.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I think we ran wide because we tried up the middle a couple of times and Shaw did not have the power.  If he weighed 20 more lbs he would have scored on the first down run IMO.

I would not run a fade with our QB's. It is a solid call for that situation, just not for this team.  

Then they should have ran up the middle with Pierre.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

I'm sold on him starting the rest of the year. He brought a completely different energy than we've seen this season. Kid could be a special player for us.

Only problem I saw was his running style .... like a running back wanting to initiate contact. He won't last long that way and we need him to.

I liked his running style. Kid runs hard and tries to punish the defender. It's only a problem if he is doing it vs a LB or DL. He does need to be smart about his battles though and get down our out of bounds to live to fight another day.

Been told he has the mentality and toughness of a lineman.  Runs like it.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

offensive line is terrible at pass blocking. Running blocking is adequate.

4 runs inside the 5 yard line suggest otherwise.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Then they should have ran up the middle with Pierre.

Probably.  It almost seemed like they were trying to reward Shaw...idk.