• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official TBP In-Game Thread and Chat Room - Bulls vs FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

This is, without a doubt, the worst team in USF history. Is it the worst in the country? Who is worse than USF?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99

Sad from top to bottom. Skip left the cupboard empty for Willie. I still got faith he can turn it around in a year or two. Gotta give the guy time.

Was the cupboard so bare that we'd get rolled by Mcneese and FAU at home?

I think not.

I would say the results speak for themselves. Skip left the place with less playmakers than he inherited.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sad from top to bottom. Skip left the cupboard empty for Willie. I still got faith he can turn it around in a year or two. Gotta give the guy time.

No way Skip left it so bad that we lose big to McNeese and FAU. Willie has some issues, I still think he can turn it around, but he's responsible for this

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Seriously, though, time to revise the playbook to the competition's approach. They know they can get us off the field if they just keep pressing the line backwards to the QB. Need to make adjustments and I'm just not seeing it. That's on the coach, sorry to say.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think not.

Have you been watching the OL protection, the WRs dropping balls, the bad QB play? Ummmmmm yeah. The cupboard was completely bare.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102

Just want to point this out. Now before some of you start bashing and that, just take note.

When ODreary took over at UCF, they went 0-12. Since then, they won a couple conference championships, beat GA in a bowl game, and beat Penn State tonight in Happy Gilomre land.

There is always light at the end of tunnel.

Will it happen this year? F no. Next? Doubt it. Normally takes 3 years to build a program when that program does not have the resources of someone like an Alabama or Tennessee.

Will it be frustrating? Absolutely. Personally for me I think that this has gotten to a point that is rather comical. However, I would expect progression in team development next year. CWT already has what appears to be some pretty good talent (16 so far) slated for next year. And until better talent can be brought in, pull out the old Tampa bay paper bags, it is going to be a rough ride.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

I think not.

it's not simply the cupboard being bare, but the positions at which it was bare... this OLine is absolutely the most pathetic OLine in FBS football. we have two atrocious walk-ons at QB and a transfer who only had a couple of months to learn the plays.

u cannot win without an OLine. combine that with some of the worst QBs in D1 football and a transfer who is maybe 50-75% into the playbook and it spells epic losses.

Holtz never had it this bad. Leavitt left talent on the team. he was fired for a situation in the lockerroom, not for poor play by his teams on the field.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  41

I thought Taggart was a great hire for you guys. I was wrong.  I understand that Skip f'd things up but a competant coach would at least be able to scrap by a FCS team and F_U.  Are you guys willing to give him 2 or 3 more seasons to see if he can turn it around?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought Taggart was a great hire for you guys. I was wrong.  I understand that Skip f'd things up but a competant coach would at least be able to scrap by a FCS team and F_U.  Are you guys willing to give him 2 or 3 more seasons to see if he can turn it around?

He's gonna get at least 3 years.  No reason to think he can't turn it around.  Taggart was left with scraps, that much is obvious.