• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official TBP In-Game Thread and Chat Room - Bulls vs FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Sad from top to bottom. Skip left the cupboard empty for Willie. I still got faith he can turn it around in a year or two. Gotta give the guy time.

Was the cupboard so bare that we'd get rolled by Mcneese and FAU at home?

I think not.

it's not simply the cupboard being bare, but the positions at which it was bare... this OLine is absolutely the most pathetic OLine in FBS football. we have two atrocious walk-ons at QB and a transfer who only had a couple of months to learn the plays.

u cannot win without an OLine. combine that with some of the worst QBs in D1 football and a transfer who is maybe 50-75% into the playbook and it spells epic losses.

Holtz never had it this bad. Leavitt left talent on the team. he was fired for a situation in the lockerroom, not for poor play by his teams on the field.

Got to agree with this.  This game looked bad.  If Holtz was still the coach, I am sure he would have been 0-3 making stupid decisions.  If this team makes progress throughout the year, I will be happy with this.  I am not expecting much; just hoping next year we are a lot stronger and competitive and getting back to the JL days.

Edited by atlbull

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I thought Taggart was a great hire for you guys. I was wrong. I understand that Skip f'd things up but a competant coach would at least be able to scrap by a FCS team and F_U. Are you guys willing to give him 2 or 3 more seasons to see if he can turn it around?

He's gonna get at least 3 years. No reason to think he can't turn it around. Taggart was left with scraps, that much is obvious.

He was, but they were lose to McNeese and FAU scraps. His performance has been awful.

I'm not calling for his head, but he's got a lot of work ahead of him

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I'll give him 3 seasons. Of he goes 0-12, 3-9, and 6-6 I would give him a 4th and 5th season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

I thought Taggart was a great hire for you guys. I was wrong.  I understand that Skip f'd things up but a competant coach would at least be able to scrap by a FCS team and F_U.  Are you guys willing to give him 2 or 3 more seasons to see if he can turn it around?

He's gonna get at least 3 years.  No reason to think he can't turn it around.  Taggart was left with scraps, that much is obvious.    

3 games is not enough to evaluate Taggart as a coach or his ability to turn the program around.

if we go 0-12 this year and only win 1 or 2 next year we can rethink it... but 3 games is not enough time to make a call.

the type of offense Taggart runs-- power run game-- cannot be executed with an OLine that refuses to block.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

I thought Taggart was a great hire for you guys. I was wrong.  I understand that Skip f'd things up but a competant coach would at least be able to scrap by a FCS team and F_U.  Are you guys willing to give him 2 or 3 more seasons to see if he can turn it around?

He's gonna get at least 3 years.  No reason to think he can't turn it around.  Taggart was left with scraps, that much is obvious.    

No reason to think he can't turn it around?!?!? Have you watched these last three games?

WV fan was spot on with his comment.

I was willing to give Taggart the benefit of the doubt after the first 2 games, but this is beyond pathetic. He has no game plan. This team wasn't even competitive against a horrible FAU team. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  30

The Taggert bus is here to stay for you guys. It's gonna be a bad 6 or so years.

I'll give him 3 seasons. Of he goes 0-12, 3-9, and 6-6 I would give him a 4th and 5th season.

this.

No reason to think he can't turn it around?!?!? Have you watched these last three games?

WV fan was spot on with his comment.

I was willing to give Taggart the benefit of the doubt after the first 2 games, but this is beyond pathetic. He has no game plan. This team wasn't even competitive against a horrible FAU team. 

what game plan do u expect with a transfer QB who's never played a full game and doesnt know the playbook, behind an absolutely putrid OLine?

the playbook is limited by the QB and even further limited by the inability of the OLine to protect or create gaps.

Taggart is taking this program from its lowest point ever. not just because Holtz was an epic failure in every way imaginable, but also because this program along with the rest of the remaining Big East teams are having to adjust to a whole new atmosphere.

for UCiF, they were on the upswing and joining the AAC was a vertical move.

for USF, we were on the downswing and were relegated to a downgrade in the AAC.

Taggart didnt have the benefit of the BCS label to recruit, nor did he have a roster full of BCS-level talent because Holtz absolutely failed to recruit solid players. recruiting is not just getting a few 4 star guys, which Holtz did, but filling out the roster with depth.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Just want to point this out. Now before some of you start bashing and that, just take note.

When ODreary took over at UCF, they went 0-12. Since then, they won a couple conference championships, beat GA in a bowl game, and beat Penn State tonight in Happy Gilomre land.

There is always light at the end of tunnel.

Will it happen this year? F no. Next? Doubt it. Normally takes 3 years to build a program when that program does not have the resources of someone like an Alabama or Tennessee.

Will it be frustrating? Absolutely. Personally for me I think that this has gotten to a point that is rather comical. However, I would expect progression in team development next year. CWT already has what appears to be some pretty good talent (16 so far) slated for next year. And until better talent can be brought in, pull out the old Tampa bay paper bags, it is going to be a rough ride.

That's right, every coach who started 0-12 eventually won a national championship.

Wha? That's not at all what he said, just that there's hope EVEN if we went 0-12. I agree with him

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  146

ODpwgkv.jpg

Figured something has to come out of these games. Haven't worked in Photoshop for a while... /sigh