• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official TBP In-Game Thread and Chat Room - Bulls vs FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought Taggart was a great hire for you guys. I was wrong.  I understand that Skip f'd things up but a competant coach would at least be able to scrap by a FCS team and F_U.  Are you guys willing to give him 2 or 3 more seasons to see if he can turn it around?

He's gonna get at least 3 years.  No reason to think he can't turn it around.  Taggart was left with scraps, that much is obvious.    

No reason to think he can't turn it around?!?!? Have you watched these last three games?

WV fan was spot on with his comment.

I was willing to give Taggart the benefit of the doubt after the first 2 games, but this is beyond pathetic. He has no game plan. This team wasn't even competitive against a horrible FAU team. 

what game plan do u expect with a transfer QB who's never played a full game and doesnt know the playbook, behind an absolutely putrid OLine?

the playbook is limited by the QB and even further limited by the inability of the OLine to protect or create gaps.

Taggart is taking this program from its lowest point ever. not just because Holtz was an epic failure in every way imaginable, but also because this program along with the rest of the remaining Big East teams are having to adjust to a whole new atmosphere.

for UCiF, they were on the upswing and joining the AAC was a vertical move.

for USF, we were on the downswing and were relegated to a downgrade in the AAC.

Taggart didnt have the benefit of the BCS label to recruit, nor did he have a roster full of BCS-level talent because Holtz absolutely failed to recruit solid players. recruiting is not just getting a few 4 star guys, which Holtz did, but filling out the roster with depth.

^^^truth.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I just want to see some adjustments, and I can't remember any in this OR the MSU game. I hope you guys are right that it's just a matter of getting familiar with the playbook enough to open up some options, but man I really had hoped it would show promise by now. Not talent-wise, play-call wise.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

USF has fewer resources now than its had in years. look at the AAC contract.

no one expects, even in the wildest dreams, a BCS championship. we could go 12-0 and possibly not even get a BCS bowl invite. no way any USF squad in the AAC gets a BCS championship bid without multiple undefeated seasons. long way from that. cart before the horse.

this team was a 4-win max team going into the year. winning 4 out of 9 is not impossible. winning 3 out of 9 is not impossible, and as horrible as that will be at least it wouldn't be worse than last year.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

I thought Taggart was a great hire for you guys. I was wrong.  I understand that Skip f'd things up but a competant coach would at least be able to scrap by a FCS team and F_U.  Are you guys willing to give him 2 or 3 more seasons to see if he can turn it around?

He's gonna get at least 3 years.  No reason to think he can't turn it around.  Taggart was left with scraps, that much is obvious.    

3 games is not enough to evaluate Taggart as a coach or his ability to turn the program around.

if we go 0-12 this year and only win 1 or 2 next year we can rethink it... but 3 games is not enough time to make a call.

the type of offense Taggart runs-- power run game-- cannot be executed with an OLine that refuses to block.

Maybe we should run a different offense--one that uses whatever talent we have?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^^ lol that pic, you have to laugh at junk like that at this point. Most of the fans were personified by this guy running away. The only ones left in the stands were the "F-A-U"-cheering fans...ugh.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

^^ lol that pic, you have to laugh at junk like that at this point. Most of the fans were personified by this guy running away. The only ones left in the stands were the "F-A-U"-cheering fans...ugh.

At some point you have to shrug sit back and let the new guy have a chance.. who knows of fault it really is.. give the guy a few years if we're still a mess then we'll have a good idea.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

ODpwgkv.jpg

Figured something has to come out of these games. Haven't worked in Photoshop for a while... /sigh

That is hilarious!

Thank you for the laugh

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Trujillo, where the freak were you after week 1 when I was getting lambasted for saying some of the exact same stuff you're saying now ... ?!

3 games is not enough to evaluate Taggart as a coach or his ability to turn the program around.

if we go 0-12 this year and only win 1 or 2 next year we can rethink it... but 3 games is not enough time to make a call.

the type of offense Taggart runs-- power run game-- cannot be executed with an OLine that refuses to block.

Maybe we should run a different offense--one that uses whatever talent we have?

then how the **** do u expect Taggart to develop his offense? 

that is why it's called REBUILDING.

if Taggart were to taylor his offense around the horrible players Holtz left behind, it would be a complete waste of learning time for the freshmen he recruited for his own system. u don't sacrifice the future by wasting time trying to polish a turd.

and AGAIN, for the dozenth time, there is not a single offense in the country that can be successful with this offensive line. period. this offensive line sucks, and until Taggart can get his own guys in there it is a WASTE to sacrifice the learning curve of the young players for the sake of trying to work around the worst OLine in the nation

Trujillo, where the freak were you after week 1 when I was getting lambasted for saying some of the exact same stuff you're saying now ... ?!

saying the same things u were, but i live in a 3rd world country and dont always have internet connection to log on and say it as effusively as i have tonight. lol