• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is this the lowest point in usf football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

No.

This is the second worst loss in our history. Mainly because no one saw it but us. They just saw the score.

The Sun Bowl loss was worse. We laid that egg on network TV.

Either way it showed a team that could neither execute nor adapt.

I WAS AT SUNBOWL

OREGON WAS A GREAT TEAM

mcneese state isa nobody

I have to agree with you on this one.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

No.

This is the second worst loss in our history. Mainly because no one saw it but us. They just saw the score.

I WAS AT SUNBOWL

OREGON WAS A GREAT TEAM

mcneese state isa nobody

We were a touchdown favorite in that game ....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

No.

I WAS AT SUNBOWL

OREGON WAS A GREAT TEAM

mcneese state isa nobody

I second it. Smazza's on this one...sun bowl is a not-so-close second regardless of who saw it or not. Again, McNeese St.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

All last season was far worse than a single game loss.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Possibly. We hit rock bottom which means the only way to go is up. Temple was bad last year. This is worse by a landslide. Losing Leavitt was also bad.

I'd say things will be looking up soon but I'd hate if we lost to UCF, not that I care much for them or about them, but would hate to hear more of their garbage. I'd like us to be 5-0 and keep up the trend.

leavitt hitting a kid was bad

Leavitt is lucky he was not arrested and charged with assault. He could have also been charged with tampering with a witness.

A lot of people seem to overlook that Leavitt got away with a serious crime and then ended up getting paid for all his troubles.

He could not have been charged with tampering with a witness. The investigation does not fall into the definitions of an official proceeding or official investigation under Florida statutes. Section 914.21 and section 914.22.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Possibly. We hit rock bottom which means the only way to go is up. Temple was bad last year. This is worse by a landslide. Losing Leavitt was also bad.

I'd say things will be looking up soon but I'd hate if we lost to UCF, not that I care much for them or about them, but would hate to hear more of their garbage. I'd like us to be 5-0 and keep up the trend.

leavitt hitting a kid was bad

Leavitt is lucky he was not arrested and charged with assault. He could have also been charged with tampering with a witness.

A lot of people seem to overlook that Leavitt got away with a serious crime and then ended up getting paid for all his troubles.

He could not have been charged with tampering with a witness. The investigation does not fall into the definitions of an official proceeding or official investigation under Florida statutes. Section 914.21 and section 914.22.

I think he meant battery. And I don't think it would have been witness tampering but obstruction, if he was trying to change someone's mind.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

You still need an official investigation or official proceeding as defined in the criminal statutes to be charged with obstruction. The USF investigation does not fit the bill.

As for battery, could he have? Sure. The prosecution of which would have run into the same "he said he said" USF ran into.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

You still need an official investigation or official proceeding as defined in the criminal statutes to be charged with obstruction. The USF investigation does not fit the bill.

As for battery, could he have? Sure. The prosecution of which would have run into the same "he said he said" USF ran into.

Well of course you need that, an official investigation, I wasn't saying you didn't. Anyway, its all done.

However, it would be nice to have the money he got from the athletic fund, for the students and the program. Goes back to the Prima Donna millionaire on the sideline attitude of college coaching. That, "I'm the most powerful man in the building" comment may have never happened, but didn't really come as a surprise to anyone. I mean how long would a player get acting like Leavitt did on the sidelines of every game before being ejected? But Jim could do no wrong so he sued and the legal climate being what it is got a nice settlement, just like most everyone does in similar cases.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

And so it continues...

I am really hoping to see SOMETHING to indicate the hope of an upward trajectory.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

No.

I WAS AT SUNBOWL

OREGON WAS A GREAT TEAM

mcneese state isa nobody

We were a touchdown favorite in that game ....

Rumor I heard is that some of the players had hangovers from the previous night. I suspect this played a large part in our poor performance.