• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did you know... USF Football players are your fellow students, right?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

College football is as much about values as it is about mental and physical toughness -- at least to me it is.  There is no need to boo your own team.  You just look dumb doing it.  Few, if any, of us could do better than Floyd did on Saturday.  That doesn't mean he's insulated from criticism but there should be a degree of decorum about it.  Otherwise, you rob college footbal of its dignity.

Criticism should be expected but have some decency... simply ripping someone apart because they aren't playing at the level you'd like is silly. Tradition and respect are what make college sports better than Pro.  Navy sings Army's alma mater when they lose a game and vice versa.  What an incredible show of sportsmanship and civility...  In the meantime, USF fans are calling for a college kid's head.  It's pathetic.

I was personally embarassed this weekend.  Not because my team was awful and rolled over halfway through the game but because our fans went a step further and started spewing hate at their own team.

Edited by StateRoad42

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I  said it in another post, and I'll say again.

GROW A PAIR.

Not one kid anywhere, in any sport is forced to be there. They are blessed with a God given talent above John Q Public and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them CHOOSE to be where they are. If they don't like it, there are two choices.

so if they were blessed with a god given talent above john q public why is john q public booing them for something they themselves couldn't do?

never understood how someone who doesn't have nearly the ability of another could criticize them.

BTW it does more harm than good.

This is one of the lamest things that gets said all the time.  I'm a structural engineer, if I design a building and it falls down, wouldn't you as a lay person be able to criticize me, even without knowing one thing about engineering?

I understand where you are coming from, but most people with above average intelligence can learn how to become a structural engineer. Most people can't run a 4.4 40 etc......

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Something that should echo in your heads when you're making these terrible comments and hateful speech

You are talking about your fellow classmates. Win or lose, these student athletes are still part of your USF family. They sit right next to you in class, they study at night just like you do. 

Anyone can hoot and hollar when a team is doing good. How you treat your fellow student athletes when they are struggling, reflects more on YOU as a human being, than it does them as an athlete.

These are our fellow students and future alumni of USF. Let's not lose the big picture here, the purpose of college is to get an education. It's also time for you to learn compassion and understanding. 

Win or lose, these are your fellow USF students. Please show some class and understanding. They need your love, they need your prayers, they are suffering through one of the hardest times in their academic and athletic careers. 

I'm sorry, "hateful speech"?  Where have you seen our players being verbally abused with hateful speech?  I've seen plenty of well-deserved criticism, but nothing that would go as far as to be called "hateful speech".

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

College football is as much about values as it is about mental and physical toughness -- at least to me it is.  There is no need to boo your own team.  You just look dumb doing it.  Few, if any, of us could do better than Floyd did on Saturday.  That doesn't mean he's insulated from criticism but there should be a degree of decorum about it.  Otherwise, you rob college footbal of its dignity.

Criticism should be expected but have some decency... simply ripping someone apart because they aren't playing at the level you'd like is silly. Tradition and respect are what make college sports better than Pro.  Navy sings Army's alma mater when they lose a game and vice versa.  What an incredible show of sportsmanship and civility...  In the meantime, USF fans are calling for a college kid's head.  It's pathetic.

I was personally embarassed this weekend.  Not because my team was awful and rolled over halfway through the game but because our fans went a step further and started spewing hate at their own team.

you must have missed last season

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I've never seen a fanbase like USF. Stop coddling this kids it's worse than the booing them. Soft as wet dog poop.

Imagine what the kids would hear at a program like Ohio State if they lost to a sub par Conference opponent .

Usf players have it easy.

Someone said it earlier, grow a pair. Jeez, I would never let so e of you coach and soften my kids.

Reuben, good to see you back pal. Fart

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Reuben, good to see you back pal. Fart

:rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

I said it in another post, and I'll say again.

GROW A PAIR.

Not one kid anywhere, in any sport is forced to be there. They are blessed with a God given talent above John Q Public and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them CHOOSE to be where they are. If they don't like it, there are two choices.

so if they were blessed with a god given talent above john q public why is john q public booing them for something they themselves couldn't do?

never understood how someone who doesn't have nearly the ability of another could criticize them.

So every coach out there that wasn't a hall of famer shouldnt be allowed to criticize his players at all? Just accept mistakes?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I said it in another post, and I'll say again.

GROW A PAIR.

So every coach out there that wasn't a hall of famer shouldnt be allowed to criticize his players at all? Just accept mistakes?

I believe in constructive criticism and yes I believe it should come from someone that knows what the hell they are talking about.

didn't say anything about a coach being a hall of famer but yes they should have a working knowledge of what the hell is going wrong and how to correct it.

not like the message board geniuses that railed on BJ Daniels last year both on here and in the stands. the guy makes an NFL squad as a QB and we actually had people on here and in the stands that would constantly bash the guy for not knowing how to read defenses or how he couldn't throw slants or go over the middle or he did this wrong and that wrong. They look like complete morons.

Booing is nothing more than public ridicule. it serves no purpose and it makes those that do it look classless.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Huge difference between booing aimed at players, and booing aimed at a football program, athletic dept, and/or university. 

The booing that was going on Saturday was aimed at the athletic department and the university, not the players. And it's well deserved. 

It's not Floyd's fault that he's the best option at QB. 

Fire Woolard,

Rueb

WOW, you were able to make sure that the players know that you were booing the football program, athletic department, and/or university. Please enlighten us on how you were able to do that. Let me get this straight if you and another person were standing on a street corner and people started pointing at the 2 of you and laughing you would know who they were laughing at? I call BS, all the kids know is, as they were running off of the field people were booing.