• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV Options for McNeese St Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

In a perfect world, every game that wasn't shown on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU would be shown on Sun Sports, like the Lightning and the Rays. Grainy, pixelated, laggy re-runs on ESPN3 it is.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Unfortunately Bright House/ESPN3 usually blacks out the occasional home game, even here in Orlando. I'm not expecting to be able to watch. I doubt BHSN will bump Boone v. Olympia

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Really wish NBC got the contract. Check out Sunday Night Football streaming live to anyone that wants to watch, multiple feeds, Closed captioned, HD, etc..

http://stream.nbcsports.com/snf/?pid=90&referrer=http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

The idiots at NBC lowballed their offer; they could have had the contract if the bid more, I think. I think NBC's offer made it really easy for ESPN to just throw some change at the AAC to keep the rights.

aac should have  taken espn deal

easp is a king maker

facepalm3.jpg

Unfortunately Bright House/ESPN3 usually blacks out the occasional home game, even here in Orlando. I'm not expecting to be able to watch. I doubt BHSN will bump Boone v. Olympia

I would think they would only block the game on ESPN3 if it was being broadcast on BHNS ...

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

ESPN3 is not bad... would be nice for those out of the area if Brighthouse just picked it up.

But I think since ESPN3 chose to air the game, then brighthouse can't legally show it? Is that how it works?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Really wish NBC got the contract. Check out Sunday Night Football streaming live to anyone that wants to watch, multiple feeds, Closed captioned, HD, etc..

http://stream.nbcsports.com/snf/?pid=90&referrer=http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

The idiots at NBC lowballed their offer; they could have had the contract if the bid more, I think. I think NBC's offer made it really easy for ESPN to just throw some change at the AAC to keep the rights.

easp is a king maker

facepalm3.jpg

I think he was referring to the earlier deal ESPN offered - the one the Pitt guy talked us out of before jumping to the ACC.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I would think they would only block the game on ESPN3 if it was being broadcast on BHNS ...

This.

The only games I have ever seen blacked out were the ones that were picked up by BHSN, and if you had anything other than Brighthouse in or around the area you couldn't watch the game (even away games).

I got verizon Fios after having Time Warner/Brighthouse for years (fortunately for me, some of my family and friends still have Brighthouse). I had to go over to their homes to watch multiple games last year (all away, I have season tickets) including the Nevada game (CBS sports network).

If Brighthouse picks up the game, and something else is shown on BHSN in your area, ie Orlando, you can still watch the game on espn3, because Brighthouse cable gives you access to that (all other carriers would be blacked out).

Essentially, if you have Brighthouse, and USF is broadcast, you should never miss a game. No other carrier has a local channel (ie. bay news 9, BHSN) looking to bid for games.

I was, and still am, not up to date on the new contract signed by USF and Verizon Fios (after BH contract expired). I thought Verizon would bid for exclusive rights (for espn3), but still hasn't been seen, and I doubt they ever would.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Well, I'll report back on Saturday night.

easp is a king maker

facepalm3.jpg

I think he was referring to the earlier deal ESPN offered - the one the Pitt guy talked us out of before jumping to the ACC.

You mean the one years ago ,,,, by the Big East ... My guess is he has no ******* clue who our tv deal now is with, just that it sucks. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

ESPN can kick rocks. I don't care what apps it has, i'll never support anything related to that pissant corporation.