• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Talk Escalated?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

So the bag policy is what pisses people off? Seriously?

Not the fact that we lose the lions share of potential stadium profits (parking, concessions, etc) to the Glazers? Or that we don't get vital alumni back on campus to get hooked in and feel at home?

For what it's worth, the opportunity cost of lost revenue (parking, concessions, advertising, suites) has to be weighed against the real cost of paying debt on a stadium.  At this point, the $$ we're "losing" is far less than the money we'd have to pay as debt payments... which also means the $$ from those sources would not be enough to pay the debt. We'd need other sources of revenue (construction donations, seat licenses, etc).

I am sure the bag policy ticked off some people ... it will have an impact on families... but it won't kick any real OCS talk into high gear.

Still can't understand why the MBA program doesn't assign this to a team of students as a case study and turn over the results

I have said that over and over again.   I have told the Athletic department it is free labor.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Not the fact that we lose the lions share of potential stadium profits (parking, concessions, etc) to the Glazers? Or that we don't get vital alumni back on campus to get hooked in and feel at home?

For what it's worth, the opportunity cost of lost revenue (parking, concessions, advertising, suites) has to be weighed against the real cost of paying debt on a stadium.  At this point, the $$ we're "losing" is far less than the money we'd have to pay as debt payments... which also means the $$ from those sources would not be enough to pay the debt. We'd need other sources of revenue (construction donations, seat licenses, etc).

I am sure the bag policy ticked off some people ... it will have an impact on families... but it won't kick any real OCS talk into high gear.

Still can't understand why the MBA program doesn't assign this to a team of students as a case study and turn over the results

I have said that over and over again.   I have told the Athletic department it is free labor.

Maybe they fear what the students will find. If they come up with a good feasibility analysis that shows it will be better, it puts administration in a tight spot. Students now know that a stadium is feasible and demand it, but admin isn't ready to take the leap. Just a thought 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Indeed! Few things motivate multi-million dollar undertakings more than a plastic bag. You'll recall that it was the Nazis who forced the Parisians to use plastic bags instead of cloth bags for shopping at the Third Reich Grocery and Laundromat. Once the US got wind of that, June 6th got circled on a lot of calendars. So sure, I can see where having to carry a bag would dig in the spurs for that OCS. 

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201

Another OCS thread.

Who would have thunk it?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

Should there be only 1 thread about OCS? If someone hears something different should they just find one of the old threads and add to it? Why don't we do that for football, Basketball, Soccer......? After all they are all about one single subject.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

An OCS would have to have security too. If nutballs can't bring explosives, machine guns, etc. through the gates at Ray Jay, they'll go to another stadium where they can get bad stuff in.

It's more about keeping people from bringing in their own food and drinks in my opinion.

DING! DING! DING!

Give this person a first place prize.

Of course it is about protecting concessions revenue.  It has nothing to do about security.

Think about it.  If you were a nut case and wanted to attack a stadium, when is the best time?  When a large group is queued up in large lines trying to get through security.  A well placed explosive or shooting at the mass of people with automatic weapons would cause enough havoc.

Why are people so quick to give up their freedoms?  Maybe more people should read (or re-read) George Orwell's 1984.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I thought these threads weren't permitted once camp starts? :roflmao:

No tweeting during camp.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

I'm in the MBA program at USF and there just isn't really a specific class that can look at it that in depth. The problem is that in most classes we are in groups and it is hard to get everyone to agree on doing a big project on USF athletics (example: I tried pushing using USF in my MBA marketing class but was shot down and we went with Tesla.) HOWEVER, I am a financial analyst for non-profit entities (colleges, water companies, cities, states,...) so I MAY be able to come up with some figures if you give me a few days. This is assuming all the information I need is public information and is available from TSA and USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201

Should there be only 1 thread about OCS? If someone hears something different should they just find one of the old threads and add to it? Why don't we do that for football, Basketball, Soccer......? After all they are all about one single subject.

Every few weeks is yet another OCS thread about some new info. We are taking a huge loss on revenue dropping out of BE. We had abysmal attendance last year due to crappy product. AAC opponents won't fix our problems. NO ONE is lining up to donate millions and unless they are smoking wacky weed, no one at USF is going to propose taking on debt and risk with an unsure future for USF Football.

Enough with the OCS threads (half are started by UCF trolls anyway, not this one but most).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

An OCS would have to have security too. If nutballs can't bring explosives, machine guns, etc. through the gates at Ray Jay, they'll go to another stadium where they can get bad stuff in.

It's more about keeping people from bringing in their own food and drinks in my opinion.

DING! DING! DING!

Give this person a first place prize.

Of course it is about protecting concessions revenue.  It has nothing to do about security.

Think about it.  If you were a nut case and wanted to attack a stadium, when is the best time?  When a large group is queued up in large lines trying to get through security.  A well placed explosive or shooting at the mass of people with automatic weapons would cause enough havoc.

Why are people so quick to give up their freedoms?  Maybe more people should read (or re-read) George Orwell's 1984.

Which Amendment deals with the freedom to bring your own food into a football stadium?