• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do we need OCS for survival?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

A very dissapointing graph indeed. While the foundation can make excuses about the relative lack of deep pockets amongst our base of alumni and surrounding area, I hope the powers that be are injecting some accountability into the fundraising efforts.

Deep pockets, our problem is we are not reaching enough Alumni. How many people have graduated from USF, how many are Alumni members but do not support our Athletics? That is the issue...

Didn't we just raise $600+ million? Maybe it's our athletics and not our alumni.

According to the chart, USF donors number +/- 3,500. Gotta remember, a lot of alumni passed through USF before '97. As for not reaching them, there is no guarantee that once someone graduates from college that they are inclined to send even mo' money to the alma mater, particularly athletics.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

A very dissapointing graph indeed. While the foundation can make excuses about the relative lack of deep pockets amongst our base of alumni and surrounding area, I hope the powers that be are injecting some accountability into the fundraising efforts.

Deep pockets, our problem is we are not reaching enough Alumni. How many people have graduated from USF, how many are Alumni members but do not support our Athletics? That is the issue...
Didn't we just raise $600+ million? Maybe it's our athletics and not our alumni.

According to the chart, USF donors number +/- 3,500. Gotta remember, a lot of alumni passed through USF before '97. As for not reaching them, there is no guarantee that once someone graduates from college that they are inclined to send even mo' money to the alma mater, particularly athletics.

Not to mention, our medical programs tend to finish the year ranked, something most of our marquee sports can't say. CAMLS is pretty badass, our athletic department falls well short of that.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

Not to mention, our medical programs tend to finish the year ranked, something most of our marquee sports can't say. CAMLS is pretty badass, our athletic department falls well short of that.

Probably a topic for a different thread but with our abysmal 6 year graduation rates we actually do not have that many alumni compared to schools of similar size. In fact slightly smaller schools with better graduation rates can easily have more alumni.

I still feel it falls on athletics to reach whatever alumni we do have and try to get them to donate. We did make a change, lets see how it plays out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Well, based on that chart ... the next time realignment rears its ugly head, it looks like the desirable participants would be Uconn & SMU.

I wouldn't have a big problem with those two going ...

I can't remember, did we ever discuss what would happen should SOMEONE ELSE get an invite to the Grande XII, and we are left where we are now? 

nuclear-mushroom-cloud.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

People give money for different reasons. Some people will give more money for things that are not Athletic.   That $600 million was allocated for a lot of projects, with a majority of them non athletic in nature.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

People give money for different reasons. Some people will give more money for things that are not Athletic. That $600 million was allocated for a lot of projects, with a majority of them non athletic in nature.

Exactly my point. Our alumni have no problem giving back to the school when they feel its a worthy cause. It seems most feel our athletics aren't worth the investment.