• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's cool but I'm not sure I'd like it if I was your average UCF fan/student ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/eye-on-sports/22756530/penn-state-ucf-to-meet-in-ireland-to-open-2014-season

If it was USF playing over there, I'd probably try and make a serious attempt at going but wouldn't be real thrilled that it takes away from a primo home game .... Maybe PSU will make it up to them later.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So that was originally scheduled as a home game for the Gnats?  

So that was originally scheduled as a home game for the Gnats?

They hadn't actually scheduled a game in Oviedo yet. Supposedly PSU hadn't been able to fit it in ...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

PSU was not coming back to Orlando. This provided a better alternative. Replacing PSU, would have pushed UCF ( because of the short time to find a replacement)  to consider a non Div1 replacement, and GOL has said, no more non  Div 1 games of any kind.

This is guaranteed income, more than a home game, more than the buyout. Plus, it  may well publicized, give both schools a recruiting story...especially PSU due the the bowl ban. The uniqueness of the game, time,locatin, might be a Pub home run. Maybe......

I wish they would  play  in Orlando,  as I am not likely to go..but I am stil considering it. I have always wanted to see Ireland....so thus wil probably be the best chance.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

The cheapest organized tour, is for  4 days, 3 nights ( I think) and it is 1500.00 or so not including airfare. Airfare is another 1K, so if all 4 of my family goes..for the quick trip, that is a quick 10K. I am sure that making our plans ourself would save some money, but in these types of trips, I find it more fun to travel with fans...

More details:  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/knights-notepad/os-ucf-penn-state-official-2014-ireland-aug-30-at-830-am-20130714,0,5735158.post

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

If it were the BULLS we would be there.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If, if, if, if . . . .

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

This is stupid. Seriously Penn refused to return the home game? I wouldn't be happy agreeing to play the game instead on another continent. That is absurd. The cost to both teams must be absurd as well. Just tell Penn to eat their shorts and schedule a new game. 

Seriously, an article says Penn was unable to commit to the return game because of uncertainty with big 10 scheduling but they can commit to playing ON ANOTHER CONTINENT!???

This gives me a negative impression of Penn State. If this were happening to USF I would hope we tell Penn to go **** themselves. 

Edited by Gismo

The cheapest organized tour, is for  4 days, 3 nights ( I think) and it is 1500.00 or so not including airfare. Airfare is another 1K, so if all 4 of my family goes..for the quick trip, that is a quick 10K. I am sure that making our plans ourself would save some money, but in these types of trips, I find it more fun to travel with fans...

More details:  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/knights-notepad/os-ucf-penn-state-official-2014-ireland-aug-30-at-830-am-20130714,0,5735158.post

And you don't get much for your $1,500.  This package is basically 3 nights hotel, about half your meals, one pre-game party, and a ticket for a "self tour" (basically a tour bus route around the Dublin area...sort of like a regularly scheduled city bus service... that allows you to get on and off the bus whenever and wherever you want.  Oh, and one ticket to the game.  These packages are greatly overpriced for what you get.

I don't think those packages put out by schools are ever meant to be a bargain .... they're more kind of like another fund raiser.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Although we won't get that home game, most of our fans are actually pretty excited about this. At least those who can afford it. Once in a lifetime type of thing for UCF.