• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Is that the game that TV changed over to a different game on 3rd down. Just a play before Huey blocked the kick?

We hardcore fans, especially those that have been a part of the school since long before there was a program will always appreciate that we have football. I will always root and attend as many games as possible. Always have (in all sports) and always will.

That being said, there is a lot of people, the majority I would imagine, want to compete at the highest level. Especially since we bave bern there already.

I appreciate the point about Princeton vs Harvard basketball. However, i think the average Ivy League football games get little tv coverage and draw about 10,000, on average.

I don't want to go back to the days of being preempted at the end of a game because networks find it is more important to show 2 bottom dwelling ACC teams than the top 2 AAC teams in a dramatic finish.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Go bulls, time to take the AAC by storm and win it. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cant agree

the end game was to compete with the best

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree Bulls-by-Marriage.    

Real fans support their team regardless who they are playing,  Look to the Power 5 conferences  80,000- 100,000 people at ALL games even when playing those Cupcakes and bottom of the pack conference teams.  We still have a decent OOC schedule with Miami, Michigan St(on the road).  Conf games with  UCF( soon to be heated rival) , Cincy (who seem to have our number), UConn(same thing as Cincy, only worse they won a BCS bid in our house the final week of a season), Ville( top 10 in the  country, with a Heisman candidate ) Rutgers ( who knocked us off when we were # 2 in the nation, and seem to beat us too often).

I say buy the tickets support the team.  (tickets are among some of the least expensive in all of College FB).

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Renewed my tickets as always.  Not happy about the conference stuff--and I hope it will change in the future.  Still love my Bulls, though.  I hope most of the fans will feel the same way and still come out and support.

Winning will fix everything!

Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Will never forget the fun of the first game, Kentucky Wesleyan. The highs of some amazing victories, the lows of some heartbreaking defeats, the pure anger of some game time descisions, the banter with opposing fans, tailgating with Bulls fans, the joy of seeing our seat mates every year, watching the babies around us grow into really good young adults, wonderfull memories.

And now - The FUTURE!

No way in the world would I miss that.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

Another multi-year home game win streak would be nice. Feels like that will never happen again. That seems so long ago.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

we shouldn't settle for mediocrity.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

we shouldn't settle for mediocrity.

I don't think we are.

Some, myself included, just don't see the need for the constant whining about it. EVERYONE knows that NO ONE likes the situation, but the fact is that the only way to change it is

DO SOMETHING!

Like buying season tickets and supporting the BULLS.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I have a confession to make. When Michelle and I first bought season tickets back in 2004, I had no idea what conference we were in. 

When life gives you lemons, make whiskey sours!

What? What did you say?? You mean to tell me that you did not memorize every single player's stats prior to showing up for game one? Are you telling me that you didn't memorize every CUSA coaches' bio prior to the kickoff of the first game? 

Tell me, Mister...what sort of fraternity would pledge a man like you?

neidermeyer.jpg

Yeah, back when USF football was fresh off the vine, we were a bit more happy than we seem to be these days. A lot of what gets put on TBP is cathartic in nature, but there's a core that's still gonna be there on Saturdays and still dissect here on Sundays. It's entertainment...really, it's entertainment and there's plenty of entertainment to be had ahead. We just need to stop pretending that we needed a place to park the Bentley.

This has to be the quote of the week (even if today is Monday). Very insightful. Extra points for the "Amimal House" reference. Edited by Mission9