• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If I were Taggart, I'd call Monday and say its now or never. You either hop on with us, or pray to God that someone else in the FBS picks you up, which none have so far.

As much as he is hoping for a UL visit, the admins said NO on July 1st.

If I'm Taggart, I give him all the time he wants.  It's not like there are a bunch of other RBs out there ready to take his spot.  There is nothing lost by waiting a week.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Personally I feel you lose your other RBs by waiting a week. The longer this plays out the less confident they will become. Especially if he doesn't come.

That reason alone is why I think Bench starts. Coach Taggart told the other QBs they weren't good enough by flirting with every QB out there. Would have been a disaster if we didn't land one. Every day Dyer sits on this our chances decrease IMO and every day we play the waiting game our other RBs will question themselves. I don't care how good or confident you are if your partner(coach) starts flirting with someone else(Dyer) right in front of your face its going to affect you. And Dyer is using us for a better offer. 2 weeks ago he was toxic minus WKU and Marshall. Now he gets a decent offer and we're not good enough...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

He's still pretty toxic. I don't think we exactly rolled out the red carpet. At least I hope not.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Personally I feel you lose your other RBs by waiting a week. The longer this plays out the less confident they will become. Especially if he doesn't come.

That reason alone is why I think Bench starts. Coach Taggart told the other QBs they weren't good enough by flirting with every QB out there. Would have been a disaster if we didn't land one. Every day Dyer sits on this our chances decrease IMO and every day we play the waiting game our other RBs will question themselves. I don't care how good or confident you are if your partner(coach) starts flirting with someone else(Dyer) right in front of your face its going to affect you. And Dyer is using us for a better offer. 2 weeks ago he was toxic minus WKU and Marshall. Now he gets a decent offer and we're not good enough...

Athletes play sports because they are competitors.  They want to be on the field and prove they can do the job.  Doesn't matter whether they are first string or fifth string, they think they can do the job if given the opportunity.  If they don't they shouldn't be competing at this level.  They are either confident or they are not, no matter who else is on the roster.  They aren't sitting around feeling sorry for themselves.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

He wouldn't even still be playing  when they started. How would this affect them. That's just crazy talk.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125

I really don't think the coaches should be worried about hurt feelings.  I did not play at that level but whenever a coach tried to replace me it made me work harder to try to prove the coach wrong.  

Dyer is trying to land in the place that is best for him.  For all we know he has made a decision and is trying to check to see if he has the grades to make it into whatever school he has settled on.   

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I really don't think the coaches should be worried about hurt feelings.  I did not play at that level but whenever a coach tried to replace me it made me work harder to try to prove the coach wrong.  

Dyer is trying to land in the place that is best for him.  For all we know he has made a decision and is trying to check to see if he has the grades to make it into whatever school he has settled on.   

Grades not an issue. Has 3.5 GPA and AA degree from JUCO. Of course with our academic committee....

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778

He wouldn't even still be playing when they started. How would this affect them. That's just crazy talk.

So if UL decides to flip its course and offer next week and Dyer jumps at it as its been reported by Schad that he will then no one has to run the ball this year?

I've seen something like this happen with 2 of my friends growing up. They attended UW both could have went anywhere and both became starters by their JR year. One had a transfer come in and felt slighted he transferred out the other was a starter for 2 years felt his job was safe got a stinger in camp and had to miss the first game. He was about to cone back but his replacement was doing ok the coaches pushed it off and he decided he no longer needed to play football.

I get where yall are coming from but not everyone feels that way. You think Shaw doesn't feel entitled to RB1? And if/when(again IMO how long this has drug out it is when) Dyer goes somewhere else then Taggart has to come back and pretend like he was good enough all along. That's where this drawing out hurts us not if he comes but when he doesn't.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

This .... You shouldn't be playing at that level if something like this negatively affects you.