• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aresco: USF/UCF Rivalry Is Cornerstone of AAC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

This 'rivalry' is for the benefit of UCF more so than South Florida. I am more concerned with improving over the last two seasons. Our first priority is consistency. In a weaker conference, we should be moving forward and establishing ourselves as a stand alone power. Publications acknowledge that we have the talent and CWT may provide the direction. We should be in the pole position in our conference (in the coming years). 

The next step is moving into the Power 5 - with or without UCF. The 'rivalry' may help us, but it may also hold us back. And let us not forget, games against Miami or FSU - fill our stadium more than games against UCF. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Look, if this rivalry is going to be basically forced on us ... And it pretty much is ... 4-0 is a helluva way to start.

We are a young school with an even younger football program who has a 4-0 lead on our rival who has been around a lot longer. No one is making comparisons to AL-Aub or Army-Navy unless they want to be a tool or a closet UCF fan. If we have to be here, might as well embrace the lead we have, expect to lose at some point (just hope it's an away game) and until we do, show no mercy to Mouskerville.

No begrudging the hype of a 4-0 lead over a rival from this Bulls fan.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

We should hype it as much as we can. At least get some attention on us if for only one game per year.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

If telling UCF they have a rivalry with us gets their fans to buy our tickets... that is what matters. Right now that is all that matters is getting fans, from ANYWHERE into our seats. Period. Followed in importance only by fans in front of their television sets, but we can't get in front of their living room with empty stadiums. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If telling UCF they have a rivalry with us gets their fans to buy our tickets... that is what matters. Right now that is all that matters is getting fans, from ANYWHERE into our seats. Period. Followed in importance only by fans in front of their television sets, but we can't get in front of their living room with empty stadiums.

Would be nice and pretty funny too if their fans are forced to buy the season ticket packages to get tickets to the one game. Similar to what happened with the FSU game last year.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Look at USF's record against Rutgers (2-6). No one at Rutgers is jumping up and down about it as some great rivalry. But now that I think some here think Rutgers is USF's closest thing to a rival while I doubt hardly anyone at Rutgers feels the same. That is reflective of the feelings of UCF and USF students. One (the loser) thinks its a rivalry and many fans of the other don't want anything to do with it.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Michigan probably didn't think much of their rivalry with Ohio State in the beginning either since it took OSU 16 tries to get their first win.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Michigan probably didn't think much of their rivalry with Ohio State in the beginning either since it took OSU 16 tries to get their first win.

When was that? In the 1800s?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Look at USF's record against Rutgers (2-6). No one at Rutgers is jumping up and down about it as some great rivalry. But now that I think some here think Rutgers is USF's closest thing to a rival while I doubt hardly anyone at Rutgers feels the same. That is reflective of the feelings of UCF and USF students. One (the loser) thinks its a rivalry and many fans of the other don't want anything to do with it.

I don't think anybody is really "jumping up and down" about Rutgers being a rival. If anything, people just don't like Rutgers. It doesn't make them a rival. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think anybody is really "jumping up and down" about Rutgers being a rival. If anything, people just don't like Rutgers. It doesn't make them a rival. 

Rutgers and their fans are just A-holes...pretty much every other former Big East team's fans will say the same thing. Everybody hates Rutgers, USF maybe just a bit more since they always seem to beat us when we need a win the most.