• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football & men's bball, are we in better shape now (June '13) than in (June '12)?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I never saw the fallout coming for both programs this time a year ago -I'm just talking about wins & losses.

So, are we in better shape right now than a year ago?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yes and yes.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

idk about basketball, but in football we are. We have a better staff, good depth and a solid incoming class. I wish we had our QB situation figured out already though. Would have been great if Daniels was back for one more year giving us more time to find get his replacement.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Yes, especally for football...we can only go up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

No and No. In football, June '12, we had a senior quarterback with a good chance to break the BE all purpose yardage record ... and in basketball, we had an All American JUCO center coming in.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Time will tell. The future looks bright but it did in 2010 also. Recruiting for football is looking very promising in June, hoping it stays that way until Feb. 2014. On paper we look better, but it's going to come down to whether or not players can execute the new schemes. I'm confident in our coaches' ability to coach the guys up.

Basketball, I am not all that up on so ill leave that to others to declare.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Time will tell. The future looks bright but it did in 2010 also. Recruiting for football is looking very promising in June, hoping it stays that way until Feb. 2014. On paper we look better, but it's going to come down to whether or not players can execute the new schemes. I'm confident in our coaches' ability to coach the guys up.

Basketball, I am not all that up on so ill leave that to others to declare.

This.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Depends on the time frame you are looking at.

Personally speaking, I thought we were in bad shape in football last year at this time because I did not think too highly of the staff. I did not like the way they handled the team their first year and really did not see a light at the end of the tunnel at this time last year. This year I feel optimistic for at least a bowl game. If Taggart has any game management skills at all this will be a good year with an even brighter future.

One look at the basketball schedule and with so many first year players for USF on the roster and it was easy to see we were going to struggle, but I never really lost enthusiasm for the team for one reason . Anthony Collins. I love watching him play. More than any player in a long time.

This year, we have a lot of returning players and potentially our best recruting class ever, coming in. This year I expect a much improved record and an even better future the following year.

In my opinion, yes. We are in much better shape in both sports.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Football looks very bright as I been keeping up with Taggart and he's made me a fan. In basketball with Heath....I just don't know. USF basketball can have a bright future even if next season fails to meet expectations again.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I can't recall if there was ever a time when both programs underwent so many changes at the same time. In reality, both programs are almost starting over after hitting the reset button.

Football, I can't see how we will be worse than last year. Just not possible.

Basketball, hmm... "Show me the money."

• Upvote 1