• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard and Willie Taggart on 98.7 The Fan Thursday

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Agree with Doug about the excitement surrounding the program and Coach T.  Also glad to hear that an OCS is seriously considered and wont be a tin box like UCF but more in line with Minnesota's' (upscale).  Not sure I agree with the "more access to the Championship game"  Will be awful hard to go undefeated and hope for a top 4 ranking.  Glad he is looking to beef up the OOC scheduling.    

Looks Like Judy and Doug are happy with the conference and will take on more of a leadership role. (Good for some things, but not good if we are looking to get out)

I agree 100%, it was a great interview, with Woolard. Gotta remember, they ARE THE COMPANY LINE, so there won't be any grousing, but they were honest about where we are and where "we" would like to be. Taggart...pretty much a coach interview, with the big story on the 'Rivalry' with UCF (hosts' words, not mine!) and Taggart saying "ask me that week". 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Agree with Doug about the excitement surrounding the program and Coach T.  Also glad to hear that an OCS is seriously considered and wont be a tin box like UCF but more in line with Minnesota's' (upscale).  Not sure I agree with the "more access to the Championship game"  Will be awful hard to go undefeated and hope for a top 4 ranking.  Glad he is looking to beef up the OOC scheduling.    

Looks Like Judy and Doug are happy with the conference and will take on more of a leadership role. (Good for some things, but not good if we are looking to get out)

I agree 100%, it was a great interview, with Woolard. Gotta remember, they ARE THE COMPANY LINE, so there won't be any grousing, but they were honest about where we are and where "we" would like to be. Taggart...pretty much a coach interview, with the big story on the 'Rivalry' with UCF (hosts' words, not mine!) and Taggart saying "ask me that week".

LOL ....You could just tell that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with that nonsense at this time

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I had a customer walk in and missed all 3 interviews. Any chance the pod casts will be uploaded for us to get a listen? 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

More importantly, why does it say all these posts are happening at 5pm and 6pm when it's really 1pm?? Really screwing me up here.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Incidentally I would have asked Willie what steered him toward Steven Bench as opposed to Brandon Mitchell when it came to looking at transfer quarterbacks.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

More importantly, why does it say all these posts are happening at 5pm and 6pm when it's really 1pm?? Really screwing me up here.

On your profile, go to 'My Settings' and change to Eastern timezone

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Did he mention the indoor practice facility or any other projects?

Anyone have a rundown of the interview?

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Skingraft,

What would your expectation as far as an answer goes about our "garbage" conference be from Doug, Judy or anyone?

Doug Woollard - "That's a great question about our garbage conference". "We're working to win acceptance into the SEC and in our first year in the SEC go undefeated and win the National Championship".

C'mon, really?

That's the difference between you and I. You can sit back and hope, I'd like to hear what the plan is. It's his job to have a plan to put USF in the best possible position to succeed. I'd like to hear that plan.

You mean like sending Christmas cards to the P5 AD's?

Seriously, what do you want him to say .... what CAN he say? For those that thought the football program was holding us back, he addressed that problem ... Basketball seems to be in good shape for the near future .... Facilities are no longer an embarrassment .... He can't do **** thing about location or tv ratings ... He can't magically give us tradition and history. I would imagine he'll say his "plan" is to be a successful as we possibly can where we are and hope for the best when/if musical chairs start up again. 

Yeah, I am not really sure what he was supposed to do as I think the powers that be know who they want included and who they want left behind.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Did he actually mention Minnesota's new stadium?  That would be great!  Even a football stadium's take on our new baseball facility would be good for me.  I kind of would like our building to be stable.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342

I caught some of it, but then got pulled into a meeting at work. It sounded good from what I heard. As stated above, when it comes to conference realignment, USF "viewed the landscape" as Woolard put it and all they can do for now is win. My impression is that we try to dominate our conference and win games, but if the P5 come knocking, we are out the AAC door.

I liked how he mentioned that geography and tv markets play a role. He gave the example of Rutgers not doing much in the past 5 years and they made it into the big 10 and geography and tv markets most likely played a role.

Missed the interview past that. Would've liked to have heard what he said about OCS

• Upvote 1