• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Landi Waived by Bucs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Glad he was given the shot, but I would be surprised if he gets another chance anywhere.

He has a good agent (I'll give a plug to a good friend of mine). So he may.

Anyway, Landi did all that he was asked to do at USF, but he was a 4 year player and had only 76 catches and less than 900 yards in his career. Played well for us, but in the big scheme of the NFL, he really wasn't very productive.

I hope he gets a shot.

I'm thinking Landi will get a shot, in Canada.

Not sure he has the physical gifts for CFL. Bigger field. Canadian game is built more around speed and quickness than even the NFL is.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Glad he was given the shot, but I would be surprised if he gets another chance anywhere.

Anyway, Landi did all that he was asked to do at USF, but he was a 4 year player and had only 76 catches and less than 900 yards in his career. Played well for us, but in the big scheme of the NFL, he really wasn't very productive.

I hope he gets a shot.

It was hard for him to have more catches when he had a quarterback that couldn't get the ball to him!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I hope he gets a shot.

It was hard for him to have more catches when he had a quarterback that couldn't get the ball to him!

This is the NFL. It is not about shoulda, woulda, coulda. 10 receptions as a Senior, for whatever reason, does not indicate productivity.

Also, the same QB that "could not get the ball to him" was good enough to be the first USF player to be drafted as a QB, with a good shot at becoming a back-up for one of the Super Bowl teams.

I am not trying to diminish Landi's contribution to USF. Just putting things in perspective about the difficulty he will have trying to make an NFL roster. It ain't easy and the NFL is an sn unforgiving place to try to make a living.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he lasted longer than i thought he would

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

F*CK Schiano!

great coach at college level and he is doing fine as a pro coach

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I wish him well. Can't say I am surprised. Too slow for a NFL wideout and too small for a NFL TE. He could have added bulk and muscle but would have only slowed him down. Height in my opinion was perfect. Also his ability to cut wasn't impressive.

How can his height be perfect but he's too small? He weighs the same as Winslow Jr and only 7lbs less than Gonzales.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'd love to see him get on a practice squad and beef up....  I think he has the hands and the stones to go across the middle...

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Love to see him make the Pats

• Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

I hope Landi sticks with a team.  Like everyone is saying, he plays with heart and was very consistent. 

If a football career isn't in the cards, I'm pretty sure he'll have success elsewhere.