• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bourbon/Tequila invitation

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

OK, I know some of you guys are Bourbon drinkers.  Always looking for an excuse to use the new bar at the house.  So this is an invitation to Bullspenners and their spouses/significant others to come together and taste/drink some Bourbons.  And if  you are a Tequila person - that is OK too.  I have a couple of them as well.

The plan is to have you bring a bourbon (or Tequila) other than what I have for others to try.  Plan on bringing the bottle home with you.  Would be great if you can bring an appetizer as well but we'll do our best to have enough food if you can't.

Bourbons on hand are:  Woodford, Makers, Town Branch, Rowans Creek Small Batch and a small amount of Willetts.

Only a couple of Tequilas on hand right now, Avion Silver and 1921 Anejo.

The date is Saturday, June 15th at 6:00.  We live in Wesley Chapel.  PM me and I'll send you our address and phone number.  No real limit to the number. Have about 6 right now.  If we get to 20 we'd probably have to cut it off there but not sure how many of you are the bourbon (or tequila) guys. 

Hope to hear from you.  Always nice to get together with fellow Bulls fans.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

RIcky, you should have done this one of these last two weekends!  I would have come, was in Wesley Chapel at my in-law's the last couple weekends.  

Sounds like a fun time, hope you have a good turnout.  

Forgot to add that we'll be sampling some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale as well.  Bought a couple of cases at the last L'ville game. But now that you can buy it here I might share some.  :guinness:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Kentucky bourbon barrel ale is delicious. Can't make it, but great idea

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If we didn't have the new baby I'd be all over this :(

Buffalo Trace, 4 Roses...maybe some Eagle Rare....ugh

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I won't be able to make it, but I recomend Angel's Envy. It's aged in port casks and has a really delicate and complex falvor for a bourbon but unfortunately it falls apart in water. Serve it neat chilled.

As far as the bourbon barrel ale goes, I keep my bourbon and my beer separate, and the stuff tastes horrible IMO. My wife can't get enough of it though.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I love that Bourbon Barrel Ale.  Like Ricky, picked up some at last year's Louisville game trip.  Made it last for a while, was my "special occasion" brew.  I invented some special occasions a couple of times.  That stuff is what turned me onto bourbon though.  I'm still a liquor newbie but out of the few bourbons I've had, I like Jim Beam Devil's Cut the best.  

I won't be able to make it, but I recomend Angel's Envy. It's aged in port casks and has a really delicate and complex falvor for a bourbon but unfortunately it falls apart in water. Serve it neat chilled.

As far as the bourbon barrel ale goes, I keep my bourbon and my beer separate, and the stuff tastes horrible IMO. My wife can't get enough of it though.

I'm having a hard time understanding some of the stuff that they are doing with bourbon.  By definition it has to be aged in new, charred, oak barrels.  So when they start adding different barrels I'm not sure how that fits.  I know Jack Daniels isn't technically a bourbon because they drip it through charcoal BEFORE putting it in barrels.  Maybe once they put it in the oak barrels they are allowed to take it out and then put it in the different, flavored (like port) used barrels??? 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I'm having a hard time understanding some of the stuff that they are doing with bourbon.  By definition it has to be aged in new, charred, oak barrels.  So when they start adding different barrels I'm not sure how that fits.  I know Jack Daniels isn't technically a bourbon because they drip it through charcoal BEFORE putting it in barrels.  Maybe once they put it in the oak barrels they are allowed to take it out and then put it in the different, flavored (like port) used barrels?

Its aged in charred oak barrels, then finished in the port casks for a few months.

Have you guys ever done any part of the Bourbon Trail? Probably the most interesting thing I've done in Kentucky.