• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

do you believe in ufos

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Short answer... Yes

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm all into cosmology and that sort of stuff.

Nothing I've seen tells me UFOs have been to earth.

And we wouldn't be that interesting for a species with such capabilities.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

I'm all into cosmology and that sort of stuff.

Nothing I've seen tells me UFOs have been to earth.

And we wouldn't be that interesting for a species with such capabilities.

You think we wouldn't? Lets look at some of the things human scientist study and I'll let you decide how interesting they are to an advanced human race by comparison.

Frogs, ants, insects, sloths, turtles, rocks, glaciers, sea cucumbers, algae.... And rats and mice that are used for medical studies....

The biologists of an alien race I'm sure would be interested in studying humans.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If evolution is the universal path to self-awareness and intelligence, then all alien species would have gone through a period of internecine warfare.

If they were able to develop interstellar flight after that, then they were either very, very good at it, and will likely wipe us out (as the Europeans did to most of the Native Americans), or they learned how to get beyond violence as a tool of persuasion and decision-making and will bottle us up on our own planet until we learn it too (so we don't infect other life-forms).

Hoping for the latter, but expecting the former.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If evolution is the universal path to self-awareness and intelligence, then all alien species would have gone through a period of internecine warfare.

If they were able to develop interstellar flight after that, then they were either very, very good at it, and will likely wipe us out (as the Europeans did to most of the Native Americans), or they learned how to get beyond violence as a tool of persuasion and decision-making and will bottle us up on our own planet until we learn it too (so we don't infect other life-forms).

Maybe aliens are among us now, sabotaging/faking results of all major space exploration and hindering us from learning how to develop interstellar flight.  It's possible.

9cef162d_history-channel-alien-guy-meme-

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Maybe they're the ones claiming the moon landing was a hoax? Just to keep us from going back? Maybe they're living there now? WWAMD??? (What would Agent Mulder do?)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

Back when I was a young man....

I was stationed in California and worked in the 7th Division ASIC (All Source Intelligence Center) at Fort Ord. Part of the unclassified screed that would make it through from time to time were UFO reports from SoCal/San Fernando Valley/Nevada/New Mexico. The common thread was black triangles flying either single or in formation, high speed. Bear in mind that this would have been back in the '80 - '82 time frame.  

The years go by, long since removed from the military intelligence world, and I'm watching television one evening and there, right there on my TV is this new do-hickey from the air force called a 'F-117 Stealth Fighter'. When that was first confirmed it was such a bizarre looking plane, not like any I'd ever seen, but it got me to thinking. All those 'black triangles' from back in the day....quite possibly early versions thereof and plenty of room out west to spread ones wings. 

Since then, I tend to separate the term 'UFO' from 'Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life'. There's no telling what's on the drawing board in some undisclosed, unnamed corner of the DOD. And there was no effort, back in the day, to come forward and say "Oh, those triangles. That's something we're working on...". Uncle Sugar just don't roll that way.