• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"preeminent university"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This may be a very dumb question:

Do universities, such as Harvard, Princeton, Yale, etc., offer fully online degrees? If so, maybe there is something to University of Phoenix Florida's online degree program.  :bang:

Those aren't our peer institutions and trying to aspire to them is a bit of a reach. But ones we could be like one day, Texas, USC, UCLA, TAMU all offer online degrees.

I think that our governor "honest medicare billing" Scott might be a CLOSET TALIBAN MUSLEM ...keep them stupid or make them that way with lies :pinocchio:

What the **** are you talking about? Seriously.

Somebody said it on another thread a long time ago.  The reason why we (USF) will always be at a disadvantage in the legislature is because almost all state legislators have law degrees--law degrees are not offered at USF.  So these guys are always gonna be alums of UF and FSU or maybe Stetson and they will always favor their alma maters.  USF needs a law school if we want to compete for state resources and recognition.

The governor went to Mizzou and SMU. Total non-factor. Whether or not he's an ******* is a more legit critique.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Do universities, such as Harvard, Princeton, Yale, etc., offer fully online degrees? If so, maybe there is something to University of Phoenix Florida's online degree program.  :bang:

Those aren't our peer institutions and trying to aspire to them is a bit of a reach. But ones we could be like one day, Texas, USC, UCLA, TAMU all offer online degrees.

I think that our governor "honest medicare billing" Scott might be a CLOSET TALIBAN MUSLEM ...keep them stupid or make them that way with lies :pinocchio:

Happy to explain

The governor like the Taliban has their own agenda…

The governor refused the Federal Grant to build a high speed rail system in Florida  that would have brought needed jobs..  (Hence not looking out for the general welfare of Floridians…Similar to the Taliban not looking out for the general welfare of the all the people in Afganistan)

The company he was the president of faked billing claims to medicare .. (he cannot be trusted..just like the Taliban)

…….

But this is the gist of education

He is destroying our university system..just like the Taliban refusing education to women and closing schools..

Its all about special interest just like the TALIBAN

I added Pinochio for effect..

Happy to explain

The governor like the Taliban has their own agenda…

The governor refused the Federal Grant to build a high speed rail system in Florida  that would have brought needed jobs..  (Hence not looking out for the general welfare of Floridians…Similar to the Taliban not looking out for the general welfare of the all the people in Afganistan)

The company he was the president of faked billing claims to medicare .. (he cannot be trusted..just like the Taliban)

…….

But this is the gist of education

He is destroying our university system..just like the Taliban refusing education to women and closing schools..

Its all about special interest just like the TALIBAN

I added Pinochio for effect..

I'm embarrassed to say you and I have degrees from the same university. And pass along my best to Joseph McCarthy.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791

It didn't hurt FSU getting the preeminent university designation and extra $75 million that the present chairman of the FSU Board of Trustees, Alan Bense, is the father-in-law of current Florida House of Representatives Speaker Will Weatherford.  Conflict or just helping out family?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I should have been a politician instead of an engineer.

I would have been able to bilk people of their hard earned money with no repercussions instead of working hard for my money.

Gotta love backwards ass Florida.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I should have been a politician instead of an engineer.

I would have been able to bilk people of their hard earned money with no repercussions instead of working hard for my money.

Gotta love backwards ass Florida.

Unfortunately this is going on in pretty much every state in the country, not just Florida.  Also, don't forget the U.S. Congress.  They are the worst.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766

There has to be a sound economic decision behind an online degree, otherwise it wouldn't exist. Florida public schools are mandating an online class - or classes -  as a graduation requirement and Florida Virtual School is hiring like there's no tomorrow. When I was doing time at the U of SF, I had one stats class that was a video presentation with graduate assistants in the classroom to answer questions after the days presentation and I also had a philosophy course that was strictly a television show on WUSF. We have been inching towards the virtual classroom for sometime, for better or worse.

Does an online degree somehow cheapen your degree? Does it further dilute the value of all college degrees? Well, as I understand it, one can actually get a degree in 'Homeland Security'. Think about that for a second...an actual 'degree' in Homeland Security. And I'm talking at the PhD. level as well. Is this what education has become?

Indeed, because it's a business.  And given that there is a 'university' on every block, the way to differentiate yourself from everyone else is some certification - some star by your name - that screams "we're not like them, honestly! Look, we have a certificate! We met these milestones!"