• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"preeminent university"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

This may be a very dumb question:

Do universities, such as Harvard, Princeton, Yale, etc., offer fully online degrees? If so, maybe there is something to University of Phoenix Florida's online degree program.  :bang:

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you guys need to stop complaining and leave florida asap for greener pastures out west

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

As I said on my facebook post about this,

I understand that USF's graduation rates are not the best (and UF, FSU have some pretty good numbers in comparison), and that our 6-year rate also needs to improve, but there is no reason why schools who meet X or Y amount of the criteria shouldn't get some type of stimulus.

There's 12 measures, right?  Set a smaller bonus for schools who meet at least 4 of the benchmarks, maybe another one for 8-9, and then a maximum stimulus for the schools who meet 11-12 (all or all but one) of the criteria. UF and FSU still get the money they're looking at, but schools like USF who (according to a source in the Oracle's story on this topic) meet only "several" of the criteria would still get some kind of pat on the back for the good things they are doing.

A promise for more if they improve things like grad rates is just as good. Give schools a taste of the benefits and let them work for more.

Its easy to raise graduation rates....just lower your requirements...Oh yes and study on line and have others take courses for you.... :baghead:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Do universities, such as Harvard, Princeton, Yale, etc., offer fully online degrees? If so, maybe there is something to University of Phoenix Florida's online degree program.  :bang:

Those aren't our peer institutions and trying to aspire to them is a bit of a reach. But ones we could be like one day, Texas, USC, UCLA, TAMU all offer online degrees.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Unfortunately, this is common in most states. USF has made strides academically, still a lot of work ahead if us.

Those aren't our peer institutions and trying to aspire to them is a bit of a reach. But ones we could be like one day, Texas, USC, UCLA, TAMU all offer online degrees.

I think that our governor "honest medicare billing" Scott might be a CLOSET TALIBAN MUSLEM ...keep them stupid or make them that way with lies :pinocchio:

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Somebody said it on another thread a long time ago.  The reason why we (USF) will always be at a disadvantage in the legislature is because almost all state legislators have law degrees--law degrees are not offered at USF.  So these guys are always gonna be alums of UF and FSU or maybe Stetson and they will always favor their alma maters.  USF needs a law school if we want to compete for state resources and recognition.

I don’t know how I missed it…

But I got it now…The new on line degree is specifically  designed for FUTURE UF FOOTBALL RECRUITS…

I guess that explains the add in the paper looking for GHOST STUDENTS needed for national championship :slapmax:

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Somebody said it on another thread a long time ago.  The reason why we (USF) will always be at a disadvantage in the legislature is because almost all state legislators have law degrees--law degrees are not offered at USF.  So these guys are always gonna be alums of UF and FSU or maybe Stetson and they will always favor their alma maters.  USF needs a law school if we want to compete for state resources and recognition.

we do not need a law school. FL is saturated with lawyers. USF can/will do fine w/o one since the reality is most of the legislature aren't lawyers.

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Some top universities do so for graduate degrees. Not those specifically that I'm aware of, but if I recall correctly Northwestern and UNC offer online MBA's.