• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Didn't seem to be many seats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Would most people approve or dislike the idea of using Groupon/Living Social for a game or 2? I know it has been used by USF before

Disapprove.

The revenue we need is from ticket sales, which would be diluted, as we would not make anything relying on concessions/parking.

I think it really comes down to the need to fill seats at $X rather than just put bodies in there. 

I would hate to be sitting next to some guy who spent $5 to get through the gate while I'm out $45.

Agreed

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Close the upper deck completely until we start averaging over 40,000

supply management can help with demand management

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Problem there charsibb is that some people can only afford those $80 upper bowl season tickets. If you offer half season tickets I think you get more biters who weren't going at all now willing to drop $40 on 1/2 a schedule for upper deck seating and uppder deck seaters making their way to the lower bowl. This would also be a nice to way introduce new/recent alumni to season ticket options (maybe even offer 1/2 the priority points).

Food and drink specials would also help. For some, buying tickets is the easy part. It's the $14 parking, $7.50 beers, $8 soda, and $5 hot dogs that kill them. Maybe offer some family nights where you have hot dog & a soda specials or something. Louisville just had $1 beers at their stadium for the spring game.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Reality: $80 season ticket holders are worthless. I think we've learned that the last 5 or so years.

Reality: $80 season ticket holders are worthless. I think we've learned that the last 5 or so years.

That's a **** mentality to have. All ticket holders bring something to the table. Just because they can't drop a couple grand on USF season tickets doesn't make them any less important. Butts in seats is what you need, and you need to win games to make that happen above all else. I'm not too keen on driving all the way to St. Pete to watch the Rays but when they offered reasonably priced tickets with a free hot dog & a soda, my butt was in that seat along with 4 others.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Side note at the spring game I asked about the "Free Tickets/travel/stay" to MSU drawing date.. I was told it would be after season ticket renewal  period was over .May 1...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Problem there charsibb is that some people can only afford those $80 upper bowl season tickets. If you offer half season tickets I think you get more biters who weren't going at all now willing to drop $40 on 1/2 a schedule for upper deck seating and uppder deck seaters making their way to the lower bowl. This would also be a nice to way introduce new/recent alumni to season ticket options (maybe even offer 1/2 the priority points).

Food and drink specials would also help. For some, buying tickets is the easy part. It's the $14 parking, $7.50 beers, $8 soda, and $5 hot dogs that kill them. Maybe offer some family nights where you have hot dog & a soda specials or something. Louisville just had $1 beers at their stadium for the spring game.

I'll tell you something that is really missing in Tampa. Good mass transit options to get to sporting events (in particular Raymond James Stadium). There needs to be an alternative to parking a car at a game that costs less, and allows those who don't like to drive in game day traffic an opportunity to attend our games.

I'm not talking about the Bull runner either, which provides a nice service for our students.

I grew up about 45 miles north of whatever they call the Dolphins and Canes stadium these days. I had 3 viable options to get to that stadium. 1. I could drive all the way and pay to park. 2. I could drive most of the way and pull into a bus park and ride lot a few miles from the stadium and pay $5 that covered parking and a ride right up to the stadium and back (per person). 3. I could catch the train in my hometown (call Tri-Rail), which took me to the bus lot mentioned in #2, the train and bus combo cost about $8 to $10 a person.

For Bucs and USF games, there needs to be viable mass transit park and ride the bus options for fans from several locations in Tampa and at least one in Pinellas. One location needs to be near USF (maybe right on the campus, even for Bucs games), one option needs to come from Brandon, and at least one from Pinellas.

I am calling out HART (and the Pinellas country version of HART). This can be a money maker for them and provide a valuable service to many bay area residents.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Side note at the spring game I asked about the "Free Tickets/travel/stay" to MSU drawing date.. I was told it would be after season ticket renewal  period was over .May 1...

What's this about?

What they need to do is push the $99 new alumni package a little harder.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

What's this about?

NOTE: Season tickets must be renewed by May 1 to qualify for incentives.

1. Season Ticket Holder party will take place at the Spring Football game on April 13.

2. Trip to Michigan State will include commercial airfare, tickets and lodging.

3. Lunch with Coach Taggart will take place during the month of June.

4. To learn more about Egraphs, click here.

5. Parking will be awarded based on Bulls Club priority points. To learn more about the Bulls Club, click here.

6. The ultimate game day experience will include parking, field passes and concessions gift card.

7. The appearance by Rocky will be for one hour.

I hear you on that Mike. Weren't Buckhorn/Scott pushing for some light rail for downtown Tampa recently? You'd think they'd have a direct route to the stadium (if they were smart).

Would have been nice to hop on that government funded high speed rail to Orlando for the UCF game too...but that's a whole different topic for discussion.

• Downvote 1