• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did you know? (USF@Auburn 2007)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

It was also the birth of what later became known as the War Flamingo

War Flamingo? Were those the inflatable birds I saw a bunch of kids on a short bus holding? Had absolutely nothing to do with USF, but everyone told them "way to go" anyway, just so nobody's feelings got hurt.

I forgot we had all those other traditions... Don't know why you are so against the only tradition we have maybe you were attacked by a rouge flamingo as a child

One game (and a few random fans trying to perpetuate it beyond that) does not a tradition make.

Edited by Danm1983

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

At least the Running of the Bulls cracks double digits when counting supporters.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

A post including "cracks" and I'm assuming "(athletic) supporters".  Hmmm.....LOL :roflmao:

Edited by bullballer

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

So does every topic morph to a "war flamingo" argument during the offseason?  This is getting worse than the OCS thread derailments.   BTW, we need an on campus stadium with a flamingo statue in front of it.  :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

There were some cool drawings for War Flamingo posted on this blog.....

.I'm ok with A WAR FLAMINGO  but only if it Green and Gold with big teeth/dinosaur Rex  type ...NO PINK. and must look mean..

So the real question would be if there is a manufacturer out there capable of making any type of blow up figure...and the minimum quantity required for a production run...

It could be completely prohibitive and die an appropriate death..right away.....

Another negative to be considered is it’s size …I would be pissed in a person had one in front of me ..a blow up one and I could not watch the game do to him continally shoving it up in the air and waving it around.… 

So a possible solution would be a  JERSEY bull on one side of the and the War Flamingo riding on the Bulls Back on the reverse side. 

The motto underneath could be  DEATH….

!. IF BY GROUND

2.IF BY AIR

The Bull could  gorge  the Opponent. With the horns…toss them in the air the War Flamingo catch them in the air in his beak

Go Bulls

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

War Flamingo? Were those the inflatable birds I saw a bunch of kids on a short bus holding? Had absolutely nothing to do with USF, but everyone told them "way to go" anyway, just so nobody's feelings got hurt.

War Flamingo was a GREAT idea for the Auburn game, just to mess with all the "War Eagle" chants we were hearing all day.  I wish I would have known about War Flamingo in my tailgate at that game.  

That said, that's as far as it should have gone.  

Y?

I realize, based on other posts I'm seeing from you about war flamingo, that I'm talking to a brick wall here, but outside of a response to Auburn's War Eagle, war flamingo is completely stupid.  At least Auburn chose a tough, carnivorous bird to go to battle with.  

War Flamingo was a GREAT idea for the Auburn game, just to mess with all the "War Eagle" chants we were hearing all day.  I wish I would have known about War Flamingo in my tailgate at that game.  

That said, that's as far as it should have gone.  

Y?

I realize, based on other posts I'm seeing from you about war flamingo, that I'm talking to a brick wall here, but outside of a response to Auburn's War Eagle, war flamingo is completely stupid.  At least Auburn chose a tough, carnivorous bird to go to battle with.  

Y does it have to be tough are we going to scare people with our mascots or traditions your argument is stupid sry

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

I forgot we had all those other traditions... Don't know why you are so against the only tradition we have maybe you were attacked by a rouge flamingo as a child

One game (and a few random fans trying to perpetuate it beyond that) does not a tradition make.

We have no other traditions this is the best we got my question is why are you so scared to embrace the flamingo? Does the pink make you uncomfortable about your sexuality I think that is the real issue here

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I couldn't care less about something that is pink, yet some of its own supporters want to make it green and gold - perhaps your trolling question is directed to the wrong people. We might as well go steal a Sebastian the Ibis uniform from Coral Gables and dye it green.

From what I've seen, many bigger traditions have started between the 1920s and 1940s, during times when programs were anywhere from 20-50 years old. They usually involved an influential person/coach or something to do with rivals and pranks and whatnot. Auburn 2007 was a great point (at the time) in USF's short history, but we have topped that a few times since. Were War Flamingo to take off, it would have done so in 2007. At this point, something else will come, we just need to be patient and do the cheers and things we have for now - perhaps something good will come out of Taggart's tenure here that can become tradition for the fanbase.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

War Flamingo is about as gay as it comes

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

We didn't really play that badly either, iirc ... Except the kicking game. Delbert made up for it, though.

We were absolute garbage in the red zone. Get a few TDs instead of settling for FGs and Delbert wouldn't have even had a chance to be 1-4 on the night.

A bit of credit to Auburn may be due there for good D ... 

I give them a little credit, but if I remember right, there were a few times we had 3 shots from inside the 4. No reason not to get at least one touchdown there and then we're not even talking about Delbert