• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blackwell, Grothe or Daniels?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Evan Landi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If those of you saying Julmiste REALLY wanted to troll, you would have said Brian Fisher.

Or that great Auburn transfer that lasted one game at QB, Courtney Denson. On the real, it's a tough pick for me between Grothe and Blackwell. Grothe played against better competition, and I loved his leadership style and will to win. He played a little sloppy at times, but the kid is a gamer. Blackwell played against lesser competition, but I think was a more polished QB. I'd have to give the nod in this hypothetical to Blackwell simply because his TD/Int ratio is better than Grothe's.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

I started following USF when Grothe was qb. I believe it was 08-09, I distinctly remember being at Bennigans in Lakeland and watching the WVU game. It was awesome. That being said, from that point on I would have to choose BJ. I'm also of the opinion that BJ was misused during his time here. Had he been used according to his skill set, he could have been great.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I started following USF when Grothe was qb. I believe it was 08-09, I distinctly remember being at Bennigans in Lakeland and watching the WVU game. It was awesome. That being said, from that point on I would have to choose BJ. I'm also of the opinion that BJ was misused during his time here. Had he been used according to his skill set, he could have been great.

Grothe started 06-09.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

Grothe started 06-09.

I meant started following in 08-09.Up until then I didn't even know we had a football team, I just knew USF soccer was beast.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

How many of you that answered Grothe have seen Blackwell play too?  I'm guessing not many.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Blackwell could punt, thread the needle, and he made mediocre WR's look good by throwing passes a blind man could catch... I hardly remember him throwing a pick

Grothe was an exciting gamer and had some wheels...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

How many of you that answered Grothe have seen Blackwell play too?  I'm guessing not many.

I have, I have never missed watching a Bulls game, all home games in person except Louisville in 2011.  Sat through the game vs the Salukis ( poured  rain and very few were in the stands.)