• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Stan Heath & The future of USF men's basketball

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I wish someone from the Kentucky program could come to USF. They seem to have a system that works great with younger players.

That system is recruit 5* players .... although it didn't work all that great this year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

In spite of the results this year, I have to say that overall this has been one of the best(minus last year) seasons in a long time to be a BULLS  BB fan.  The new Dome looks great, the attendance was up.  We had alot of close games with some exciting wins, Had great people sitting around me all season(hope they continue to come back each season).

Overall the atmosphere was much better than in recent years, game exp was good, the price was great, Coaches and players are very accessible(unlike other programs) Lets keep building and the wins will come.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think we should keep Heath. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Crazy. Heath is a good basketball coach.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

In my opinion Stan gets next year to show improvement (maybe an NIT) and needs to be at least a bubble level team the following year.

I believe that in a realistic world this is the proper evaluation period and proper expectations. If he falls short next year then he needs to be on the hot seat the following year.

I believe he has established the foundation to do it.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Does USF at least explore who's out there or does that mess with the program?  I just ask cause in the last 4 seasons we've had an NIT season, a crappy season a March Madness season and another crappy season...does it hurt to look?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Ok here is the question ???

Success/winning  is dependant on coaching, recruiting and luck. 

As alumni we don’t have control over coaching.  We have Heath, for luck we can do a lot of praying.  Thus we are left with recruiting…being boosters of USF what can we do to make USF

1. A better/more desirable destination?
  2. Find recruits under the radar and bring them to USF recruiters attention?

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

I absolutely have faith in CSH. Next year will be an improvement and I think we could end up a bubble team at the very least

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Does USF at least explore who's out there or does that mess with the program?  I just ask cause in the last 4 seasons we've had an NIT season, a crappy season a March Madness season and another crappy season...does it hurt to look?

It comes down to what i have been talking about for a while.  It's all about perspective of where this program has come from in the last several years.  it took Stan a while to undo the mess that was created when McCullum was here.  McCullum was put in a bad situation so it wasn't entirely his fault.  

I truly believe that for the first time in a very long time that Heath is in a position to finally build this program the right way and for the long run.  Going in to next year the team will be made up of mostly home grown, young, highly recruited players that can grow as a team together.  In the past it has been a lot of transfers or Jucos (we will still have a few)  where we get a year of them trying to figure things out then a year of decent play and then start over again.  Hence the up and downs.  I am hoping that finally we will have a young core to build from and then keep them coming with some success.