• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

how does fgcc do it?

with so little money

how does usf get out recruited by them

Yea its baffling, and IMO embarrassing for us.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

While USF is busy focusing on facilities and satellite campuses, FGCU is focused on winning. They will get more press for their win tonight than USF got all of last year. Better hope they don't start taking recruits from USF.

I agree with you about the satellite campus crap... why did we need to spend millions of dollars to build a poly-tech research campus waaaaaay out in UCiF country when we have a good 25% of our campus dedicated towards the construction of a poly-tech research section?

Had USF just built USF Poly-Tech in the research park area then we would not be looking at 13th State University to suck even more $$ out of our budget, and another seceded campus.

Regarding the facilities, you are wrong on that one... they will pay off, just given them time. We might have to ditch the current coaches though before they finally do pay off in the end though. I say axe Prado now... and then give Heath another 3-4 years to repeat his success from last season.

FGCU is not a powerhouse by any imagination and they got really lucky this year.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

While USF is busy focusing on facilities and satellite campuses, FGCU is focused on winning. They will get more press for their win tonight than USF got all of last year. Better hope they don't start taking recruits from USF.

I agree with you about the satellite campus crap... why did we need to spend millions of dollars to build a poly-tech research campus waaaaaay out in UCiF country when we have a good 25% of our campus dedicated towards the construction of a poly-tech research section?

Had USF just built USF Poly-Tech in the research park area then we would not be looking at 13th State University to suck even more $$ out of our budget, and another seceded campus.

Regarding the facilities, you are wrong on that one... they will pay off, just given them time. We might have to ditch the current coaches though before they finally do pay off in the end though. I say axe Prado now... and then give Heath another 3-4 years to repeat his success from last season.

FGCU is not a powerhouse by any imagination and they got really lucky this year.

Our satellite campuses have no bearing to our athletic department. Two separate issues.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

ernielaughbertstareanim.gif

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

how does fgcc do it?

with so little money

FSU fans must be asking the same question ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I agree lucky to the extent that they didn't have to face Lipscomb in their conference tourney ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

how does fgcc do it?

with so little money

Seriously?  I'm going to have to take another break from these boards.

I can't believe the thought process on these boards sometimes.  FGCU played in the A-Sun, USF played in the Big East.  This USF team easily wins 25-30 games in the A-Sun.  FGCU has done a great job with what they have.  They are fun and entertaining.  To say they have surpassed USF is laughable.  They have a nice, little arena.  Doesn't remotely compare to the Sun Dome.  They have some nice basketball players that don't compare to USF players.

Did we forget that USF also beat Georgetown?

Can we get a bit of perspective?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

how does fgcc do it?

with so little money

Apparently the answer is having a beach on campus and coaches with hot bikini models as wives.   It looks like James Franklin was on to something when he said he would hire an assistant coach who didn't have a hot wife.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

Good for them. They're a tiny school in the middle of nowhere enjoying the spotlight. I don't feel threatened.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

how does fgcc do it?

with so little money

Apparently the answer is having a beach on campus and coaches with hot bikini models as wives.   It looks like James Franklin was on to something when he said he would hire an assistant coach who didn't have a hot wife.

Reminds me of Lauren Holly as Dennis Quaid's wife in Any Given Sunday ...