• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good USF Men's Basketball vs. Bad USF Men's Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Will OMG ever be a half-decent player, now that our competition level is lower?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

He will get a few more minutes but he is just taking up space.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If/when he gets 100% healthy, he should hopefully get at least a little better by going against true bigs on a regular basis in practice.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Recent successes on the court and the new facility have both put us in good position for recruiting, for a couple years at least. Have to keep the momentum going in the program.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

next year, fairly young, should be pretty talented.  Don't see NCAA in our future.

NCAA will be or should be:

Memphis

Cincy

Temple

UConn

We are behind those teams

You're over estimating some of those teams and greatly underestimating ours. This is how I see it next season as of right now.

#1)Louisville - losing Siva but returns just about everybody else. Post grad PG Terry Rozier should start from day 1.

#2)Memphis - The most talented team in the league and will be for some time imo. the only thing that holds them back from consistently being a top 10 team is their coach Josh Pastner. Probably the best recruiter in the nation but a lot to be desired as an motivator and in game coach. Really just tries to out talent everybody and it takes more then that.

#3) USF - I believe Heath that Rudd returns and improving the offense will be priority #1 in the off season. The dribble drive worked wonders for Brock, LeDay, Collins, and Rudd's game. The 2 unknowns about USF next season are guard play and will they have Demetrius Henry on the roster. Good guard play and USF makes the NcAAT. With Henry on the roster and being as good as advertised, then USF should be a top 25 team along with Memphis and Louisville from conference America 12.

#4)UCONN - Lot's of speculation that the trio of  Napier, Daniels, and Boatwright will turn pro. Daniels and Napier have a strong chance of being 1st rounders(possible lottery for Daniels). I don't know what Boatwright could be thinking. They have a decent class comig in but could be losing some key pieces. Don't see much of if any improvement from them and USF matches up well against them anyway with a higher probability to greatly improve.

5)Cincy - First off they are coached by Mick Cronin(makes Stan look like a good head coach). I anticipate Sean Kilpatrick turning pro which means they loose their three best players including PG Cashmere Wright. They did get a commitment from 5* PF Jermaine Lawrence but I'm not that impressed by their others signees and I don't see them replacing what Wright brings to the table as a skilled PG with leadership.

6)Temple...LMAO if they are a top 5 team in the league then Coach Fran Dunphy should be unanimous COY. they lose 5 of their top 6 scorers including points machine Khalif Wyatt. They haven't addressed anything in recruiting from what I can see. Their returning guys are going to have to step up big time for them. 6-9, 230lbs inside man Tony Lee could be a force, but he'll need plenty of help to get them over .500 in league play.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

People,

please don't fall for the Vega Heath setup. 

Those 5 teams not named USF are perennial NCAA tourny teams.  Until USF can make the post season 2 years in a row, go with the teams with history

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

The most raw talent ANY USF team will see on a basketball court will be next season.

Make or break time.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

[...]

Those 5 teams not named USF are perennial NCAA tourny teams.  Until USF can make the post season 2 years in a row, go with the teams with history

+1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

People,

please don't fall for the Vega Heath setup. 

+1

That might be the worse reply I ever seen on any message board any where. Even worse is the guy that agreed with that terrible statement.

Here this might help http://www.dummies.com/how-to/sports-outdoors/basketball.html

With so many errors in that statement I don't know where to start. So the name of the school determines if they are going to be good, bad, or average? Delta I know you are Stan's personal cheerleader, but an assumption like the one you made is just silly. I mean most teams have rebuilding years or seasons when they aren't as good. By contrast some teams that haven't been as good can turn things around. That happens a lot in basketball. If what you said is true, then USF would have never made the NCAAT last season. After all they beat Nova and Pitt a combined 5 times, both are so called perennial NCAAT teams. They just weren't as good as USF last season. Look at Kentucky, last season's National Champs, not good enough to make the NCAAT this year despite playing in the weak SEC. When is the last time UNC has been a real threat to win the NCAAT?

You base your assumption on history without looking at what those teams will be playing with next season. If Rudd comes back USF will be one of the top 4 most talented teams in the conference. How is a team like Temple who will lose all that scoring, assts, and steals, with nothing in recruiting so far, be better then USF? Unless you don't have confidence in Stan to coach up his team, USF should be better then Temple. Every thing I said earlier is spot on about those teams and as of right now it's between USF and UCONN as who will be behind UL and UM in the league imo.

While USF will be young up front, that's OK because they have experience in the backcourt where you need it. you can get away with having young players up front as long as you have seasoned guards. I also like the direction the offense took towards the end of the season which gives me confidence in Stan getting it done.

Edited by Vega