• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do we do with $25M?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

How about we use the money to pay our assistant coaches so they dont leave to go to other schools.  It is bad when one of our top recruiters leaves for a school who wont be that good and will have sanctions brought against them.  Pay the coaches and then worry about the other things.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Say, does USF pay taxes on that?

1) Pay off Skip: get him off the documents and from our memories.

2) Save it for the dwindling income that's going to be the next few years (replace it) and keep USF growing till the next conference opens up.

But knowing USF heads, we'll probably buy some magic beans!

Magic beans? WTF are you insinuating? Careless spending? The improvements that the athletic department has made along with capital improvement plans is a huge reason USF got to the Big East and wasn't sitting in CUSA all these years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Agreed that paying off Skip is pointless. NPV baby. (edit: barring re-negotiation)

PROGRAM SUPPORT:

I would say we could use some fan-experience upgrades. Namely, axe BHN. They left a bad taste in my mouth after delaying MBB games for high school games this year. Local exposure is too important. And if we're not going to invest in an OCS, there have to be some things we can do to invest in our game-day experiences (HOT, production, etc). Last, maybe revamp marketing.

WINNING:

Salary increases for staff, though that's a tough one cause that sets a baseline/precedent. There is the indoor facility, but I don't personally think the cost/benefit is there (we will recruit well with a good staff and wins. Just upgraded lockers already.) Equipment? 

Edited by hm101

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

PROGRAM SUPPORT:

I would say we could use some fan-experience upgrades. Namely, axe BHN. They left a bad taste in my mouth after delaying MBB games for high school games this year. Local exposure is too important. 

They've already axed us to focus on high school sports. The basketball is under their contract with the Big East and it runs through this summer. We better hope to Hell that now that we're joined at the hip with UCF they rethink this and have some sort of extensive relationship with both of us starting next year. They're our best, and only, viable option out there with local production capabilities that I know of ... 

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

USF, like Cincy and UConn, should get between $18 million and $25 million from Big East reserve fund, @mblauds says @ http://ajerseyguy.com

Build the indoor practice facility $14M and put the rest in the bank. 

Before any $$ goes towards building anything new, USF needs to pay off our current loans on the Sun Dome, Soccer Stadium, Baseball/Softball Stadium, the Claw, and the Tennis Courts. Does anyone know how much $$ we still owe on these things?

I say pay off the existing debts, or at least pay them down. If we can pay off the debts then we need to start a new football OCS fund. If we still owe $$ then just continue the status quo until all of the debts are paid off.

We can wait on the covered practice facility... practicing out in the elements is a major bonus for us in my view. We don't play in a domed stadium so I don't see a bennefit for practicing in a climate controlled dome that is room temperature.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

USF, like Cincy and UConn, should get between $18 million and $25 million from Big East reserve fund, @mblauds says @ http://ajerseyguy.com

Before any $$ goes towards building anything new, USF needs to pay off our current loans on the Sun Dome, Soccer Stadium, Baseball/Softball Stadium, the Claw, and the Tennis Courts. Does anyone know how much $$ we still owe on these things?

I say pay off the existing debts, or at least pay them down. If we can pay off the debts then we need to start a new football OCS fund. If we still owe $$ then just continue the status quo until all of the debts are paid off.

We can wait on the covered practice facility... practicing out in the elements is a major bonus for us in my view. We don't play in a domed stadium so I don't see a bennefit for practicing in a climate controlled dome that is room temperature.

Right on Bubba...No need to put it in the bank and receive 0.015% interest....I bet our loans have higher rates than what banks are paying...With today's bubble and bust politicians getting rid of debt makes lot's of sense  to me...

remember when the board proposed cutting  our funds..????..

Go Bulls

Edited by bull-71

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

The indoor facility isn't to move all our practices indoors.  It's to have the ability to continue practice when there is lightning present.  We cancel and or move a lot of practices due to inclement weather.  It would just give us the ability to keep a rigid practice schedule in spite of the weather.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

The indoor facility isn't to move all our practices indoors.  It's to have the ability to continue practice when there is lightning present.  We cancel and or move a lot of practices due to inclement weather.  It would just give us the ability to keep a rigid practice schedule in spite of the weather.

As much as I would love for USF to get one, especially after seeing the picture of one of the "proposed" structures on here a in a different thread, I think it is a lot of money for the occasional thunderstorm riddled days.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

As much as I would love for USF to get one, especially after seeing the picture of one of the "proposed" structures on here a in a different thread, I think it is a lot of money for the occasional thunderstorm riddled days.  

Can't say I disagree with that stance.  If it's something that needs done, and most have already concluded that will be the next football project, then that's probably what will happen.

Pay off debt and do some more facility upgrades makes sense.  Paying off half of Florida States buyout from the ACC to partner with them to join the B12 is my favorite option, though.

• Upvote 1