• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Update on the QB situation?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

What's the latest on this kid that everyone here was raving about? I assume since no one is talking about him anymore he won't be going to USF? If so, what does this mean for the future of USF football?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What's the latest on this kid that everyone here was raving about? I assume since no one is talking about him anymore he won't be going to USF? If so, what does this mean for the future of USF football?

Come back Feb. 5 and we'll have a better answer.  I, for one, am excited about what Mike White looks to be bringing to the table.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

More info than you care to read in the Prospects board here:

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?/forum/21-prospects-potential-recruits-board/

The short answer is that it appears Asiantii Woulard will not come to USF.  A lower rated recruit has committed, we expected to.  There may be a surprise between now and signing day (Feb 6th), or we may be a good spot for a one year transfer.  Worst case, we should have three scholarship QBs and two guys that were preferred walk-ons that joined last year.  Not the best scenario, but probably not as big of a deal with the new power run oriented offense.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

There's a ~170 page thread on the recruiting board. Not sure anybody really knows what's going on with him.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

There's a ~170 page thread on the recruiting board. Not sure anybody really knows what's going on with him.

I'm not 100% certain he knows what's going on.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I 100% don't care what he does. He's not 100% committed to the BULLS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Why aren't you complaining about the recruits that were committed to another school and changed their mind to commit to USF?  Should we never take a kid that committed to another school?  Are they damaged goods as well?  How could they possibly be committed 100% to the Bulls if they once committed somewhere else?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Why aren't you complaining about the recruits that were committed to another school and changed their mind to commit to USF?  Should we never take a kid that committed to another school?  Are they damaged goods as well?  How could they possibly be committed 100% to the Bulls if they once committed somewhere else?

Not sure how you got there?  Must have been some hidden letters in there I haven't unlocked yet.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

There will be no more productive posts past this point read at your own risk!

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Philip Ely has been rumored, but like with Antonio Andrews, there won't be significant news right away.  As for current commits/prospects, you can forget about Woulard.  You won't even see our hat on the table when he makes his choice.  I actually can't wait to see him put a hat up that he doesn't even have an offer from (Clemson or Kentucky).  But Mike White is very solid and has pretty much told the schools that were tardy to the party "thanks, but no thanks."  All of the members here and elsewhere who gave Taggart crap about taking this kid are certainly eating crow as the recruiting sites have finally evaluated his tape and given him their rankings.  And correct me if I am wrong, but I believe White is now the highest rated QB recruit to ever come to USF, not counting Carlton Hill, who shouldn't count anyway.  I think Rivals and Scout are the only sites that may have had BJ Daniels higher.  Bottom line is that Taggart knew who he was getting in Mike White, and that is a kid who could very well beat out the other two qbs on the roster THIS SEASON!  Only difference now is that the entire recruiting nation has taken notice.

We will be going into the season with 3 scholarship QBs and the starting gig is WIDE-AZZ open.  Don't be shocked to see Mike White starting by conference play if not day one.