• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, Bad, Ugly - @ Marquette

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

The Good:  The freshman.

The Bad :  Rudd( good for One ESPN highlight play a game) Collins(had his worst game in a long time if ever, how many turnovers), Fritz ( where you been Bro?)  And the coaching again.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Not being overly attentive to basketball, but what is the consensus on how USF will fare once we're in CUSA-II? 

I know, football wise, we'd like to think that we're going to be somewhat more successful than we were during

our foray into BCSland, but will it matter much for basketball? The BE, being one of the better basketball conferences,

could account for our lack of success, but I don't recall us blistering the courts in our original CUSA days either.

Sure, we'll be able to compete - at least with the current and incoming talent. The real question is will we still be able to recruit. If we can no longer recruit BE-level talent, then, no, we will nto be able to compete.

What?? We won't be in a Big East type conference so I'm not following that line of thinking ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

I've asked before; How long does Heath have at USF?

At the minimum, two years ...... before this question even needs to brought up.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

He will be here at least for the next 4 years while his son is here. I don't expect he will be leaving for a new job while his kid is here.

If you're asking how long till he is fired? Silly question. He is BE reigning Coach of the year. Two of the last three years prior to this were 2 of the best seasons in USF BB history. He has one of top PG in the country as only a soph two good freshman players and the best incoming class we have ever had. As Trip said, at least 2 years before there is even a question and if anyone actually looked at the big picture when the season started it was quite clear this would be a rebuilding year.

He will be here at least for the next 4 years while his son is here. I don't expect he will be leaving for a new job while his kid is here.

If you're asking how long till he is fired? Silly question. He is BE reigning Coach of the year. Two of the last three years prior to this were 2 of the best seasons in USF BB history. He has one of top PG in the country as only a soph two good freshman players and the best incoming class we have ever had. As Trip said, at least 2 years before there is even a question and if anyone actually looked at the big picture when the season started it was quite clear this would be a rebuilding year.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Lot's of double posting in many threads have been going on today

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not being overly attentive to basketball, but what is the consensus on how USF will fare once we're in CUSA-II? 

I know, football wise, we'd like to think that we're going to be somewhat more successful than we were during

our foray into BCSland, but will it matter much for basketball? The BE, being one of the better basketball conferences,

could account for our lack of success, but I don't recall us blistering the courts in our original CUSA days either.

Sure, we'll be able to compete - at least with the current and incoming talent. The real question is will we still be able to recruit. If we can no longer recruit BE-level talent, then, no, we will nto be able to compete.

What?? We won't be in a Big East type conference so I'm not following that line of thinking ....

Good point.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I wanna talk more about this in a thread that I will start or someone else does where the conversation will be more appropriate. I see a lot of wait to next season talk going on from members of this board, but  I have a don't count your chickens before they are hatched spin to add. Still a long season to go .

Edited by Vega

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,764
  • Days Won:  3

I think charsibb is trying to convey is:

"given that our first year(s) in CUSA-II, having previously recruited (alleged) Big East level talent, USF should be successful. However, once that supply is exhausted and we're back to recruiting CUSA-II talent players, our success is more in doubt (based on the program being what it is and has been)."  ... or words to that effect.

Yay or Nay?