• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good, Ugly, Ugly vs Seton Hall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I didn't watch the game and have been busy lately, but by all accounts and the stats I've seen, it was a bad game to watch.

I'm officially worried we won't make the NIT.

:)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I didn't watch the game and have been busy lately, but by all accounts and the stats I've seen, it was a bad game to watch.

I'll be surprised if we make the CBI.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I mean we had some wide open 3, 15 footers, and layups and bricked them ALL. I don't care what offense you run, if you can't shoot and can't rebound, your doomed.

I mean we had some wide open 3, 15 footers, and layups and bricked them ALL. I don't care what offense you run, if you can't shoot and can't rebound, your doomed.

Agree 100%.  You can't run any kind of offense if you don't have guys that can't score consistently.  Our shooting percentages were less 30% for most of the Seton Hall game.  I have never seen a team that consistently misses wide open shots like our guys do.  That goes for layups to mid range and for threes.  Throw in the fact that we don't have anyone on the roster that can actually score from inside and you have a problem.  

Vega and some others may not like the style of play, but when you don't have guys that can score the only thing you can do is to slow the game down, keep the ball away from the other team and limit their ability to score and try to make something happen at the end of the game. 

Right now the only guy on the team that can score somewhat consistently is Poland.  You can count on some contribution from Fitzpatrick almost every night, but that's it.  As much as Rudd likes to make us think that he is a big time talent, there is no consistency with him at all.  He shows up as big time contributor once every 6 or 7 games.  We know Collins can add some excitement and can create some opportunities, but he isn't really a scoring threat.  

It's boring, but at least we are competitive in most games.  I will take this style of play over being blown out by the 10 minute mark of the first half anytime.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

too bad for our men in green and gold

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

I'm still coming to terms with losing a game in which you absolutely killed the opponent in turnovers...

Just look at the 3 point percentage.  Will help you come to grips with the horror story that is USF basaball this season.

Whass basaball?

Basaball (the way they made it sound) Jones by Cheech & Chong

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,617
  • Days Won:  424

Thanks for helping to clarify the situation for those that actually may think you're a Bulls fan.... Are there any USF fans that are actually happy that we probably won't make the NIT? 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

I'm still coming to terms with losing a game in which you absolutely killed the opponent in turnovers...

Just look at the 3 point percentage.  Will help you come to grips with the horror story that is USF basaball this season.

Whass basaball?

Basaball (the way they made it sound) Jones by Cheech & Chong

Oh man, that takes me back. Love the cameos at the end of Nixon, C&C, the Fab four, the Vietcong, etc.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for helping to clarify the situation for those that actually may think you're a Bulls fan.... Are there any USF fans that are actually happy that we probably won't make the NIT? 

Well Triple you are once again wrong. There was no hidden message behind the smiley face. I put that there because that was all I did when I first read it. All I could do was just smile at my friend outrunner's post.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I will boycott any CBI game.  Anything below the NIT is crap and we shouldn't be involved in it.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

I will boycott any CBI game.  Anything below the NIT is crap and we shouldn't be involved in it.

Uh oh, be careful or Trip will unload on you about how it's all for the players. :D